Where I have been hiding as of late.

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
Been a rough few weeks. I have known for about 4 or 5 years that it was coming, but it finally caught up with me. Two weeks ago my wife, of 17 years, ambushed me while on a 24 hr shift and moved out of the house.

Now I have an empty(of life) house that she destroyed moving out to clean up and put my life together.

Yes there was on child involved my son. I really miss him and his dog. She took his dog and gave her away which really bothers me.

I really did not have anyone close to talk to so I wrote my thoughts down in my myspace blog. If you decide to read do so with out passing judgment until you have read the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Been there and done that (more than once, yeah .. one should learn) used to have the shirt as well.. and many other cherished possessions & items.

There is really nothing I can say to change the hurt, but I do understand the horrible pain of such an event. I know the old limerick.."time will make it better" sounds like feces, but there is another day (as bad as that may seem for right now) and hang in there... that light at the end of the tunnel is really not a train.

As in all bad things, it probably will get worse before it gets better... just hang in there, and take one day at a time. Be strong (emotionally and physically), eat healthy, exercise and get plenty of sleep (I know it sounds impossible) but at least do it with your child in mind (they will need you to be healthy mentally & physically) it will pay off in the long run.

I wish you the best of luck!

R/r 911

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Not even we are immune from life.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr. made it clear: "So it goes."

And so it goes, Rattletrap. I encourage you to keep visible to us because you never know where solace and help may come from. And you never know how, just by being open with us, you might be helpful to one or more of us, too!

It's all about continuing to do the work. That's the route out.

My heart is with you and yours.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Rattletrap, I'm so sorry......-_-