When to wear your fireman suit

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Oh I'm not saying that 2 minutes to get out the door is a poor showing in any way, its just not how most officers I know would run things. If the tones go off for something like a downed power line, I will absolutely go take a pee before I get on the rig. Anything else, even a sickness, and I move as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't leave anyone behind, but I know some officers who might. If they had more than enough people to meet minimum staffing and somebody was taking their time, I could see it happening.

With a 20-25 minute response time, 10-15 minute scene time, and 45-70 minute transport time, if you need to pee at the time of the call, you have to pee real fast and go. It's a reasonable thing to do. Kind of a scene safe sorta thing, and making sure that the patient has caregivers with undivided attention.

Everyone pees. :)

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
With a 20-25 minute response time, 10-15 minute scene time, and 45-70 minute transport time, if you need to pee at the time of the call, you have to pee real fast and go. It's a reasonable thing to do. Kind of a scene safe sorta thing, and making sure that the patient has caregivers with undivided attention.

Everyone pees. :)

I'll always take the time to do whatever I need to do when we get dispatched mutual aid to a certain county. The area we run into is 100% volunteer. The county wants to put a 24/7 paid ALS ambulance in one of their stations, but they keep refusing. Meanwhile, they use us and another county for mutual aid, but we almost never get their help on our side. It's a parasitic relationship. We've had as many as four of our units in their area at one time.