When does Los Angeles county bids renew???

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yeah, and the redrawn EOA zones put Paramount in McCormick's zone, hence Care is "losing" Paramount, and we're "gaining" it.
I don't know if one "losing" 31's is another's "gain". Haha, I kid, I kid. Just couldn't resist. Many a fond memories I had of driving the squaddies in to Charter Suburban Hospital.

(FWIW, I grew up in the South Gate/ Downey area)

wtferick

Forum Captain
Yeah, and the redrawn EOA zones put Paramount in McCormick's zone, hence Care is "losing" Paramount, and we're "gaining" it.

Anyways semantics aside, I found this: http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/239512_01_RequestForProposalsNo.EOA2015.pdf

It LOOKS like the Draft version of the proposal the various ambulance companies had to fill out to bid on each EOA. It's all blank (i.e. not the actual proposals) but the part I find useful starts on page 180 of the pdf, it shows the redrawn EOAs for the 2016 proposal. (TBH since this is technically a draft document, it is entirely possible that the actual redrawn EOAs used are different....but so far it appears consistent with what everyone else has been saying).

So from what I'm hearing....sounds like AMR got Zone 1 (Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Palmdale and the rest of the desert areas north of the mountains)
Does Schaefer keep EOA 2, City of Monrovia? Or did Care grab that as well?
EOA 3, Schaefer's old zone of Pomona and northern half of the San Gabriel Valley is now Care it sounds like?
EOA 4, AMR's current zone in the southern half of the SGV is now also Care?
EOA 5, Care's current zone (just minus Paramount) remains untouched
EOAs 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all McCormick
EOA 6 is City of Compton....we're still waiting to hear how this is going to work. We know they are shutting down their Ambulance Operator program, but they use 2 AO ambulances with 3 ALS ambulances (called Squads over the radio, but actually transport ALS patients themselves unlike LACo Squads....) So the question is are we only going to respond to BLS level calls, respond to all calls and if it's ALS, their Squad will transport and we'll clear, or will they start using their Squads like LACo and we'll transport everything with their medics in our rig for ALS? (I have one time been on a call in County's area that had a Compton FD squad respond in place of a County Squad...it was an ALS transport and they did that last option, we put the patient in our rig and their medic transported with us instead of them just taking the patient straight up). There's also a persistant rumor that LACoFD may take over Compton FD but I haven't heard/seen anything official on that, just rumor mill....however City of Hermosa Beach is in serious talks to have their FD taken over by LACoFD https://www.facebook.com/Hermosa-Be...58142654218635/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf http://hermosabch.org/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=8206
EOA 7 is McCormicks current Carson area including Palos Verdes penninsula, Willowbrook, South Gate and Lynwood that now has Paramount added.
EOA 8 is City of Redondo Beach, which McCormick is currently transporting for, however, as I said earlier, they plan on setting up their own AO program and doing transports in house http://www.dailybreeze.com/governme...ormick-ambulance-will-set-up-in-house-service Though it seems likely to me personally McCormick would remain the transport provider since we are already doing first in ALS for them when they are unable to staff their own ALS ambulance. (as well as being surrounded by our zones), possibly similar to how La Habra has a direct contract for transport with Care so they're in house with LACo there? Hermosa Beach would be a neat station to be in house at...
EOA 9 is McCormicks current area in Hawthorne, Inglewood (and surrounding areas), Ladera Heights, West Hollywood and Universal City and Malibu, Agoura Hills and Calabasas, which looks rather unchanged to me.

So....bottome line looks like Care pushed AMR and Schaefer out of East County entirely, McCormick is virtually unchanged, and AMR is left only SCV and the deserts.
Sounds 99.99% right

wtferick

Forum Captain
I don't know if one "losing" 31's is another's "gain". Haha, I kid, I kid. Just couldn't resist. Many a fond memories I had of driving the squaddies in to Charter Suburban Hospital.

If anything I wish McCormick took all of South Gate lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

Everyone at McCormick stations 2 and 8 (Willowbrook and Lynwood) is already desperately hoping we staff up a Paramount Station because we keep hearing 31's go out over the radio lol.....I'd be interested in putting in a shift bid at a Paramount station since I drive by Paramount and Lynwood to get to Willowbrook lol....That or WeHo, it's about the same distance as Willowbrook (just a different set of freeways from my house...) but no one wants to leave that station so there's never any openings, gee I wonder why....lol

If anything I wish McCormick took all of South Gate lol
We already run all of South Gate from our Lynwood station

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Everyone at McCormick stations 2 and 8 (Willowbrook and Lynwood) is already desperately hoping we staff up a Paramount Station because we keep hearing 31's go out over the radio lol.....I'd be interested in putting in a shift bid at a Paramount station since I drive by Paramount and Lynwood to get to Willowbrook lol....That or WeHo, it's about the same distance as Willowbrook (just a different set of freeways from my house...) but no one wants to leave that station so there's never any openings, gee I wonder why....lol
Did McCormick take over the old AMR station on Rosecrans?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Did McCormick take over the old AMR station on Rosecrans?
No idea, but on our stations map a Paramount station address has appeared off of Adams St (near Garfield Ave and Somerset looks like, but I haven't been out that way and haven't heard anything from higher up about that)

wtferick

Forum Captain

We already run all of South Gate from our Lynwood station
You guys run the bottom half of South Gate. Think the city is split in two.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
No idea, but on our stations map a Paramount station address has appeared off of Adams St (near Garfield Ave and Somerset looks like, but I haven't been out that way and haven't heard anything from higher up about that)
That was the beauty of working at AMR circa late 90's/ early 2000's. You could work any division for OT from Malibu to WeHo to Willowbrook to the south bay to the southeast part of the county all the way to Irwindale. It truly was a blast.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There are different parts that overlap. The city itself should be McCormick but CARE is/ was all around the outskirts of it.

So HP, Hollydale, Cudahay, BG, Maywood.
I assume they're all still fairly busy areas as they were when I moved.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
As far as I know the whole city is in our current EOA, and I've def been dispatched to 16's, 164's and even 165's area in the very northern bits of South Gate before

VentMonkey

Family Guy
As far as I know the whole city is in our current EOA, and I've def been dispatched to 16's, 164's and even 165's area in the very northern bits of South Gate before
And this, 16's (Florence) does cover a portion of South Gate. My in laws live in that coverage area, and (heaven forbid) if they ever calles 911 there. It would be a crapshoot of 54, 16, or possibly even 164, or 147.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Can't wait for Falk to re approach Mccormick for purchase.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

wtferick

Forum Captain
Eh. Sounds odd lol
Then I hope we stop running into South Gate.