When do you guys wear masks

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
If anyone can find me an N-95 that looks like Vader's and has that electronic voice/breathing sound, that'd be cool. k?

Would be nice to find an N95 that looks like Bane's muzzle block, with complementary voice distortion. Now that would be really cool. Just imagine a medic boarding the ambulance and going 'Let The Games... Begin !'

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Would be nice to find an N95 that looks like Bane's muzzle block, with complementary voice distortion. Now that would be really cool. Just imagine a medic boarding the ambulance and going 'Let The Games... Begin !'
14022125_1189603751075051_6593751217284311610_n.jpg

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I wear a mask all the time. They're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing one in the future.

dreadproberts-640x357.jpg

Oh, you meant one of these?

9.jpg

Not very often. Only when airborne isolation precautions are indicated... otherwise I'll wear one of these... if I plan on being within 3 feet of a patient that is having respiratory symptoms. I've been working in the ER for about a year and a half with some decently sick folks. Haven't caught much of anything yet besides a cold and even that was probably community acquired.

21oD934X0rL.jpg

AintNoDoctor

Forum Probie
I've worn a mask once that I remember...

Now, SHOULD I wear a mask? That's another question. The answer is probably always going to be more than I actually do.

Crack the window?

TimRaven

Forum Crew Member
Interesting, EMS in Asia generally wear mask on the regular basis, but rarely seen with safety goggles.
Maybe it's just a cultural difference.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Interesting, EMS in Asia generally wear mask on the regular basis, but rarely seen with safety goggles.
Maybe it's just a cultural difference.

Asians in general are more likely to wear masks in public. Either because of airborne diseases that spread easily in dense crowds, or just to warm that cold, dry air in winter.