Whats wrong with this PT?

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
You get called out to a male with unknown medical emergency. when you arrive on scene you find a man slumped up against a building with a blanket covering him. As you approach he starts yelling at you belligerently telling you he's a doctor and to stay away. When you reach the patient and you can not see any physical trauma. You take vitals and do a quick assessment. As you remove the blanket you see he is wearing a orange jumpsuit with doctor on it. What is wrong with this patient?

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like MrBrown gave his carer the slip and got into the methylated spirits again. Call for police to assist returning him to the secure ward.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Hush you, I am deemed a low risk and only have a lady coming over twice a week for a half hour.

Vital signs?
GCS?
Odours or signs of any ingestion?
Primary survey?
Scene impression?

Move to ambulance, full vital sign survey and do a quick ECG

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Hush you, I am deemed a low risk and only have a lady coming over twice a week for a half hour.

Vital signs?
GCS?
Odours or signs of any ingestion?
Primary survey?
Scene impression?

Move to ambulance, full vital sign survey and do a quick ECG

vital signs are normal.

empty brown bottle laying about 3 feet away. looks like it could of rolled from the hand.

pt appears to be in good physical condition except a lil contusion to the right side of head.

gcs is 15.

As police arrive pt puts arms out to side and starts spinning in circles making helicopter noises saying weeeeeeeeeee im flying

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, at least he's not barking like he was last time... :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Have the cops take him back to the funny farm.

Well, seems HEMS got something that wasn't an RTA with persons trapped and a lot of calls saying its serious for a change, but seriously .... this almost seems worse :D

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
No worries!

It is God; no harm can come to Him; He just THINKS He's Mr. Brown.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just a quick statistical note. Physicians have an extremely high suicide rate, and the highest "suicide complete" rate. Be very afraid of the suicidal physician as they are very good at being successful in that endeavor.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief

Half an hour? Man, your know they have nasal sprays that can fix that particular lady issue ;-)

Just a quick statistical note. Physicians have an extremely high suicide rate, and the highest "suicide complete" rate. Be very afraid of the suicidal physician as they are very good at being successful in that endeavor.

And paramedics. At least, in Australia. We have some :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty mental health.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Did the pt. lose bowel or bladder control?;)

ems4gd_185

Forum Ride Along
Oh brother lol

A couple of things for this pt. Either he's high on some sort of hallucinogen like LSD, too much marijuana, too much alcohol, or mental issue. AKA PD should handcuff him either way and get him off the street B)

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
A couple of things for this pt. Either he's high on some sort of hallucinogen like LSD, too much marijuana, too much alcohol, or mental issue. AKA PD should handcuff him either way and get him off the street B)

I believe PD is planning on tazing him if he doesn't stop spinning around in circles and making helicopter noises. Also once he see's PD he pisses down his leg

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Sounds like a fun patient. My psych patients lately have been boring and honestly I'm probably more psychotic than they are.

And I would love it if my doctor came in wearing an orange jump suit!

Jay

Forum Lieutenant
You get called out to a male with unknown medical emergency. when you arrive on scene you find a man slumped up against a building with a blanket covering him. As you approach he starts yelling at you belligerently telling you he's a doctor and to stay away. When you reach the patient and you can not see any physical trauma. You take vitals and do a quick assessment. As you remove the blanket you see he is wearing a orange jumpsuit with doctor on it.

Hmmm... Tough one... I would have to say that the scene may not be safe because Brown may have a broken bottle of ripple* hiding under the blankie that he intends to use as a weapon later on. Perhaps we will need to get an LEO and ALS for our additional resources; the LEO to ensure scene safety and ALS to start a line** and introduce some thiamine because of his unruly levels of ETOH. I am just trying to figure out how I would get close enough to get a baseline set of vitals before the arrival of the fun committee (a/k/a our additional resources.)

What is wrong with this patient?
I would have to go with high levels of ETOH along with severe dehydration (the blanket was hot what can I say.) Of course I can be wrong and the simple answer is ask the man in the jumpsuit orange because HEMS doctors*** are well above my paygrade.

Notes

* Ripple: A low end fortified wine by E & J Gallo Winery that is no longer being produced here in the states.

** line, IV: A banana bag would not be a bad idea here because we get the thiamine along with many other wholesome vitamins and minerals that will quickly replenish and detoxify.

*** HEMS Doctors: Brown, just kidding here, we all enjoy your posts and know that some day after the chemistry is finally demystified you will make one h-ll of a HEMS Doc B)

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
im sure brown understands we are all joking. this just came to me one night while sitting in quarters not being able to sleep and reading his posts on here. and i agree that one day he will make one hellofa hems doctor