Whats in your bag???

ebass30920

Forum Crew Member
I know basic supplies but what else? Asherman? What kind of Cric kit? I am also wondering about intubation vs just a king lt. It looks like I am about to become the medic for my SERT team and looking for some insight. I will be attending training but curious what ya'll are carrying. I really like the VooDoo bag also if anyone has experience with that.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I know basic supplies but what else? Asherman? What kind of Cric kit? I am also wondering about intubation vs just a king lt. It looks like I am about to become the medic for my SERT team and looking for some insight. I will be attending training but curious what ya'll are carrying. I really like the VooDoo bag also if anyone has experience with that.

Bag for what? If this is a layperson first aid kit, band-aids and a phone.

OP
OP
E

ebass30920

Forum Crew Member
I will be a the Tactical Medic for my SERT team. I am a Paramedic. I was just trying to get an idea of what is out there for this type of enviroment. I will be going to SWAT school and a tactical medic course. I am sure I will get ideas there but I was just trying to research what was out there.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I love when people have a full ALS airway kit. I guess they plan on bagging the person for hours or days.

Me too. You usually get a blank stare when you ask what ICU they'll be transferring care to...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
That is ridiculous.

I love when people have a full ALS airway kit. I guess they plan on bagging the person for hours or days.

Have you seen the guys ACLS supplement kit? One O2 tank, AED, and full complement of drugs. The absurdity continues...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Me too. You usually get a blank stare when you ask what ICU they'll be transferring care to...

I can't think of anything stupider. In the world where that's needed, there is no such thing as an ICU and you've just limited the mobility of your group and removed a member 24/7 in order to keep that person alive. Maybe if you needed to do a quick appendectomy I can see the use for an RSI setup, but otherwise... no.

mike1390

Forum Captain
I can't think of anything stupider. In the world where that's needed, there is no such thing as an ICU and you've just limited the mobility of your group and removed a member 24/7 in order to keep that person alive. Maybe if you needed to do a quick appendectomy I can see the use for an RSI setup, but otherwise... no.

This... Im surprised that it was posted on a "zombie hunter" website. Maybe that would be a good kit to have once you have established a fortified base camp, but to be out in the wilderness trying to survive it would be to much. If you are having to bust out ACLS, or even BLS that person is going to drag the whole group down, and probably get you killed....by zombies.;)

HAVE WE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING FROM THE WALKING DEAD!?!?!?!?

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
This... Im surprised that it was posted on a "zombie hunter" website. Maybe that would be a good kit to have once you have established a fortified base camp, but to be out in the wilderness trying to survive it would be to much. If you are having to bust out ACLS, or even BLS that person is going to drag the whole group down, and probably get you killed....by zombies.;)

HAVE WE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING FROM THE WALKING DEAD!?!?!?!?

I love you.

tumblr_m2rjsmL7Yf1qjemo2o1_250.gif

and, Blackwater? Really? Did he buy that off ebay?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Is that really the first time y'all have seen that kit?

Every time someone posts up about jump bags that link gets posted.

OP on your CERT team do you have a medical director? Your agency should supply you with gear.

Forget the advanced airway stuff. BLS trauma supplies, lots of 'em. IV stuff. Tourniquets. That's what I'd carry personally.

I'm confused though, you're talking about CERT but then started talking about TEMS. Which is it? Both are going to have different supplies. Lots of similarities but definitely differences, if it were me at least.

Edit: I misread SERT for CERT. What's SERT?

Pm me and I can give you a pretty solid list of what our TEMS team carries. Every member has their own personal way of doing things but they have a standard load out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
Can't forget about the best chest seal known to man. A defib pad. Always carry an extra set. It works better then any asherman, etc.

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
I would hope you would look at the value of saving a life vs the cost to saving a life. I will do what's necessary to save someone's life regardless of cost. If I'm in an emergent tactical situation, one of my team has a sucking GSW, they're getting a defib pad to their chest to seal it and move. Much quicker IMO.

OP
OP
E

ebass30920

Forum Crew Member
Our SWAT is refered to as SERT (Special Emergency Response Team). The agency is providing the equipment. But I am the first medic so It is a learning process for me. I know what I like and I am getting with the local EMS director to ensure our equipment works together. The big thing is there is no guy ahead of me right now I am figuring out these things on my own. I was a full time Paramedic for awhile then moved to LE work so that is kind of the background.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Our SWAT is refered to as SERT (Special Emergency Response Team). The agency is providing the equipment. But I am the first medic so It is a learning process for me. I know what I like and I am getting with the local EMS director to ensure our equipment works together. The big thing is there is no guy ahead of me right now I am figuring out these things on my own. I was a full time Paramedic for awhile then moved to LE work so that is kind of the background.

I'd talk to you current or past 68W medics. See how they set up their bags. Are you going to be doing entry with the team as a medic?

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
Well, to answer your question and get back on track...

Without doing a full pocket by pocket overview I'll give you some of my preferred products for certain things:

I have a STOMP II and an M9

-HALO, H&H Wound Seal, or Hyfin chest seals. Everything else is junk.

-Regular old ETBs or NAR compression dressings(when I can "acquire" them)

-H&H gauze, Kerlix, or whatever hemostatic dressing I find lying about. Properly applied, regular gauze can be just as effective as the high speed stuff so naturally good technique in packing and wrapping is a must.

-CATs. Proven effective time and time again.

-Cric kits- one NAR prepackaged one(in my M9) and one homemade(on my FLC) which is just a cut down ET tube and a cut down scalpel, some tape, and alcohol prep pads. Its nice and compact.

-NAR saline lock kits. The catheters are meh but I like how compact they are, considering the limited space of my M9. I just carry loose catheters and locks in my STOMP.

-NAR ARS 14g 3.25 NCD catheters. They are prepackaged in protective tubes

-Meds- whatever your protocols allow. For me its: pain management(Fentanyl/morphine and torodol/ibuprofen), naloxone, valium, epi 1:1, whatever antibiotic my med officer is feeling at that point of time, and your basic sick call stuff(pseudoephed, benedryl, loperimide, etc.).

An additional thing I like to do is make up IV start kits. Basically I just wrap NS/Hextend in a cravat with a NAR lock kit and an admin set.

everything is about saving space and weight. I have enough gear on my FLC to handle one critically injured person, enough in my M9 to handle 2-3, and enough in my STOMP for an additional 2-4 plus sick call and tac evac care.

Probably forgot a bunch of stuff but feel free to ask or PM me for anything else

Remember to cross load and cross train your teammates.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator: