What you are using affects your EMTLIFE image??? (New posters, take note)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Lasix or Lasik?

I've seen Xanax and Zantac confused, and Procardia and propanolol (the latter pt died, but was unrelated to the error, per the M.E.).

Maybe we need an new icon with a little clown's head denoting "I'm not being serious here, don't hurt me".

Altered Mental Status

Forum Crew Member
I'm posting from a smartphone without Tapatalk as I write this. It's a pain in the a--this keyboard skips characters, the phone auto-zooms and doesn't seem to have a setting in between REALLY FAR and REALLY CLOSE. I get frustrated trying to use italics so I sub. caps because the cursor doesn't like to stay where I put it if I try to insert things. I use abbreviations within reason and ones I know we all understand...an amalgamation of standard, pop abbreviations and what we're authorized to put on a PCR.

I still find it important to use a basic level of grammatical form and correctness. If I catch typos, I correct 'em. I'm picky about using "your" as the possessive and "you're" as the contraction of "you are." I detest the improper use of apostrophes: if you're talking about several of something, you don't need to add one!

That said, I'm pretty tolerant of others' mistakes. Not everyone grew up avidly reading and writing as I did and that's okay. I would hope we'd all try to practice our writing here to avoid embarassing errors on our PCRs out there but as long as someone isn't assaulting my sensibilities with "HAY GUISE COULD I GET THE ANSERZ 2 THE REGISTREE QUESCHUNZ 4 BASIC?" I'm pretty much kool with parsing the message myself. I realize that the messenger often has a lot of wisdom to impart, even if he doesn't execute a perfectly formed message.

If somone types the occasional shorthand, that's okay too if it's someone from whom I've come to expect a reasonably well-written point. They may be busy or tired. I consider the source and assume good intent.

Last edited by a moderator: