What Will a Ticket Due?

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I'm wondering what the regulations are for EMS jobs in California when you get a ticket. Ive never gotten a ticket before and my bad luck yesterday i got pulled over for a minor moving infraction for passing a stopped school bus on my motorcycle. got the ticket but I haven't got the one in the mail and gone to traffic court about it. But since I have never gotten a ticket I'm wondering if there are any adverse affects i should be worried about with regards to EMS or my Ambulance Driver status? so basically worst case scenario after i go to court is I get a point on my license, what would that do? should i try and fight the ticket (I'm a very careful driver and the only reason i didn't stop was because i was next to a big SUV that was between me and the bus so i didn't see it.

so if any of you in Cali have gotten a ticket or Know what happens with it please let me know. Thanks

Fire219man

Forum Crew Member
In my state of Ohio, a felony is bad news...minor traffic violations are much less of an issue.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
According to most insurance providers, one ticket is not an issue. Three tickets in a 3 - 5 year period shows a pattern of unsafe driving and may make you 'high risk'.

OP
OP
TheMowingMonk

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
well ive had my lisence close to 5 years now, and this is my first ticket, and it was a minor violation. im gonna try for traffic school so i dont get the point on my license when i go to court. I just dont want anything bad to happen if worst case senario i get that point.