What to Wear Under a Jumpsuit?

LightItUp98

Forum Probie
I just found out that my duty shirt ripped and because I'm working tomorrow my boss told me to just wear my jumpsuit until Tuesday which is when I can get a new shirt. So with that being said, do you guys have any experience with jumpsuits? Should I wear it the whole time or just put it on when a call goes out? Any ideas on what would be good to wear under it to make it more comfortable? Any responses would be greatly appreciated, I'm new to this haha.
BTW; It's a stay at the building shift, not a posted shift, if that helps anyone.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I wear flight suits at work and never take them off. I don't wear shorts or anything under it since I leave it on the whole shift, but I know plenty of people who do. I wear an Under Armour compression, or at least fitted, t shirt as my under shirt and am perfectly comfortable for sleeping or whatever else.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I wear coveralls/flight suits where I work. If I am in a truck all day I am just in an undershirt. In winter I layer. When I am based out of a clinic I wear a regular uniform and our my coveralls / suit on when needed.

That said it would probably be a good idea to carry an extra uniform on you when you work more than 12 hours.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Usually I wore a t-shirt and basketball/exercise shorts under my jumpsuit. This was so that I could be somewhat more comfy at night and could get into uniform very quickly if/when we had a call.