What to Study?

LoneStarSoldier

Forum Crew Member
I have an interview on Thursday for another EMT-B position with a private ambulance company (different one this time). I have a written exam that I have to take as well as a practical skills assessment and then the interview is conducted. Can anyone give me some insight as to what to study? Obviously the mnemonics that go along with responding to Trauma/Medical calls as well as signs/symptoms of different injuries an Adult/Pediatric care but anything more specific? I've been out of practice for awhile, any help is appreciated.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Doses of Basic drugs. Indications/Contraindications. All the entry exams I have taken, albeit I haven't taken too many, have been NREMT style.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
The "test" will most likely be a piece of cake and only setup to weed out the morons. If you recently passed your NREMT exam, it should be a breeze.
But if it's mainly transport, brush up on your geriatric knowledge (since that's your main clientele).

Sasha

Forum Chief
Everything.

the.devil.himself

Forum Probie
like the person above me said, it's a good idea to review everything.. i've applied at various ambulance companies and although most of their tests are nremt style, some are different.. as for the skills test, some had me do assessments(both trauma and medical), some had me do lifting and moving patients, and some had me do both.. lifting and moving was the hard hard for me as they will repeatedly test your strength..