What should I expect?

sneauxpod

Forum Lieutenant
Was just approved for a CCT class and Im just wondering what I should expect in general since obviously every class is going to have its minor differences. Also, is there any additional reading that might help me out aside from textbooks? Also throw in any recommendations you have!

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
Was just approved for a CCT class and Im just wondering what I should expect in general since obviously every class is going to have its minor differences. Also, is there any additional reading that might help me out aside from textbooks? Also throw in any recommendations you have!

It really depends on the specific course that is being taught. We have an in house "CCT" class, you'll understand why that is in quote in a minute. We've had the classes available for 2-3 years now but their has only been 3 classes with no other classes being taught in the near future. I'm not sure as to what program they follow, but needless to say, our last class had nobody that passed the class. From my understanding this is from teaching from a certain book and then having students test on the CCEMTP exam. I do know that our CCT classes will not transfer to any other company around here, they will recognize that you have CCT experience but will make you take their class if they offer CCT services. In my company, the class mainly covers transport vents, we have LTV1200s and one other kind that I can't remember and a bit of pharmacology as our CCT medics get a few extra drugs over our regular medics. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the drugs as I do not work on a CCT truck, at which they are CCT medic/EMT-I or AEMT staffed, the company tries it's best to avoid double medic trucks whether 911 or CCT.