What kinda car do you drive? /more questons

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
I drive a 2006 civic si, but really want rid of it for a tacoma 4x4
and I have a 1988 toyota pickup, trail vehicle

Amack

Forum Crew Member
2004 Toyota Corolla CE

$2200 worth of concert-grade sound equipment packed into the trunk!

:D:D:D

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
2001 Hyundai Sonata. I've had that thing for 4 years and its the WORST vehicle I've ever own. I'm trying to sell it, but no one will give me what I owe. EVERYTHING breaks, and the warranty ran out 10k miles ago.

Do not ever buy a vehicle with the syllable 'die' in it.

Amack

Forum Crew Member
2001 Hyundai Sonata. I've had that thing for 4 years and its the WORST vehicle I've ever own. I'm trying to sell it, but no one will give me what I owe. EVERYTHING breaks, and the warranty ran out 10k miles ago.

Do not ever buy a vehicle with the syllable 'die' in it.

:lol:

My brother just bought a Hyundai.

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
:lol:

My brother just bought a Hyundai.

Oh God.

I hope it's not an 01 Sonata. And if it is, I'll send all my good karma waves his way.

The CV boots & axels have been replaced every 8 months or so, the timing belt 3 times, the power steering pump twice, the motor is less than 2 years old (the first time the timing belt went out, it took the whole motor with it, but that was under warranty), and the Hyundai dealer here doesn't keep parts for it in stock. Last time it broke down (needed a new harmonic balancer, since when they did the new motor, they installed the old harmonic balancer upside down and backwards) it took 3 weeks to get the part in. I screamed at them. Oh and since I'm the second owner, I didn't get the 10 year 100k mile warranty. But I was told that when I bought it. So at 62k miles when my timing belt went out for the second time, I took it in and they said they wouldnt do it under warranty.

I've tried to trade it in, no one will give me more than $1,000 for it and I owe $3,500. As soon as it's paid off, its going bye bye.

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Wow....

Unbelievable. You had me at "die"

lol

Good Luck!

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
LOL yeah. I tried trading it in, and one of the dealerships actually suggested, with a straight face, that I sell crack to try and get my car paid off sooner, since they wont take it as a trade in, because I owe too much on it, and since it is in "horrible condition" (how the f&$@ did he know, he didn't appraise it! And the exterior is in great condition. Its just under the hood that sucks) they would only give me "about $1000, and thats stretching it."

The other place actually took it for a drive and said they'd give me $1500 and I said no, since Blue Book was $3000 for poor condition. You know as well as I do that they would have bought it for $1500, put $500 (new windshield and detailing) into it, and sold it for $6k.

brassguy

Forum Crew Member
just got it today! 2000 Toyota Camry. Oh Yea! Champange in color!!!!!

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
2001 Ford Taurus
We have a '89 Ford Taurus Sho....its a pretty decent car...I'm learning to drive in it so of course it's a good car :D lol...But its getting sold so we can get 2 cars...one family car and one for me!!! :D I really want something small 4 door and great gas millege....a jeep would be nice :)

94accord

Forum Crew Member
94 Honda Accord EX (again with the name)
DSCF0007.jpg

planning on replacing it with a Jeep or a truck sometime in the next 2 years... tired of a car, need something that I can take on the beach for a nice night out with my girl. :pB)

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Whats with all the smoke?!?!?!

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Whats with all the smoke?!?!?!

LOL that was me with a new set of tires and rims waiting to be put on.. so I went to an old parking lot out by some beaches near where I used to live and spun em till I popped em, put 2 new on the back, the 2 from the rear on the front, and blew those too! lol... i have a video somewhere, lost in time by now. and I have over 250,000 on my car even though the odometer only shows 184k (speedometer broke almost 2 years ago, never got it fixed :D).

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Wow....thats priceless...

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
Yall make me feel so uncool!

I have an 05 Honda Odyssey mini van. Dh has an 03 F-250 crew cab and we share an 06 Toyota Tundra. We're about to get rid of the mini-van or the Tundra for a Wrangler.

BAMAMEDIC

Forum Probie
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD ext cab Duramax diesel with AFE intake, Bullydog exhaust, and a Bullydog Triple Dog Downloader with Outlook monitor and love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

emt9577

Forum Probie
Just replaced my 91 explorer, with a 99 explorer. the 91 died at 190,000. All the lights from the 91 will transfer onto the 99, with the exception of possibly changing the whelen edge to a federal strobe vista. When the 91 died I had almost 30 lights total, the new one wont have quite that many. It was overkill. Im loving my 99 exploder though.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Just traded my 91 4Runner with 200k+ for a Black 2004 Expedition XLT

saabdon

Forum Ride Along
Wait till you Need to replace the Batteries. The Come back and Tell us all about it. BTW, I am a Master Auto Mechanic. I Drive A SAAB. Safest Car
On the Road IMHO
D

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
Just replaced my 91 explorer, with a 99 explorer. the 91 died at 190,000. All the lights from the 91 will transfer onto the 99, with the exception of possibly changing the whelen edge to a federal strobe vista. When the 91 died I had almost 30 lights total, the new one wont have quite that many. It was overkill. Im loving my 99 exploder though.

Ok not trying to bash you here bc I was a vollie who loved lights and had a bar and wigs with two 100 watt siren speakers but WHO THE F*** NEEDS 30 LIGHTS?? If traffic cannot see you without 30 lights damn thats a problem.

I drive a 2000 toyota camry that was a handme down when my wife just got a new 2006 Toyota RAV4 and we are trying to be rid of my very faithful 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo LS with 155,000 miles for only $3500.