What kinda car do you drive? /more questons

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Even though I am just a newbie waiting to start EMT-B classes, I still thought I might throw my car in here.

2002 Firehawk
21.jpg

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

NREMT3138

Forum Probie
I drive a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
scion xb with a flower top on the antenna and little teeny flames on each side at the rear!
<----dork with great gas mileage!

Medic_Kidd

Forum Ride Along
dang, guilty as charged........ 2000 Ford Explorer...... named "Stormy" cause he's medium wedgewood blue, like the color of stormclouds..... yeah, im a dork and name my ride...... lol....

NREMT3138

Forum Probie
Hey. My Explorer is blue too!! Where in NC are you located? I'm in a little village called Stanley. Gaston County.

Susan

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Even though I am just a newbie waiting to start EMT-B classes, I still thought I might throw my car in here. -Matt

What ever you are doing to be able to afford a car like that, I'd strongly recommend you do EMS on the side and keep on with your current position! :lol: Beautiful car, BTW!!

Easy

Forum Crew Member
I drive a 1993 Ford Exploder named Fenway... because it's the same color as The Green Monster in Boston. 170,000 miles an one helluva bounce to it.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
2000 sportser 1200XLC, lots of chrome, pisspot brainbucket, leather with 3 integral plates , vance hindes, and LOUD

~S~

old hand

Forum Ride Along
I drive a 96 P71 Crown Vic Ex THP Cruiser. 198,317 miles. My wife drives a Prius Hybrid. She likes the 60 mpg she is getting.

brahms0788

Forum Ride Along
Dumb question, but are you allowed to get a red light and/or siren if you join a volunteer department? I've seen two volunteer firefighter pickups one with a rack light the other with a dash. ..not sure about non firefighting EMT's.

Last edited by a moderator:

old hand

Forum Ride Along
That really varies by state,city and the dept. Now where I am we are allowed to equip our cars but still have to drive normally. We are allowed some privileges. But all it takes is one person being a cowboy for all of us to lose our privileges also. Keep in mind it is a privilege not a right. Just like our vollie FD , the chief allows us to put lights on our cars, but he will not ok it for us to run firefighter license plates. Which I feel is dumb,but that is an example of how things can vary. All our sister depts in our county and all the EMS people can run firefighter, squad plaes and ema ,ems plates.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I use to drive a Chevy Beretta.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Chevy Beretta