What kind of zippers are best for EMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So I got my new pants but the zipper on them is just run of the mill. I would like to upgrade to some sort of high speed zipper but one with a safety as well....just in case. Maybe something like a break away zipper in case I get too zealous in the middle of a night when pulling on the old 5.11s.

Or maybe I should just skip the zipper entirely and go velcro, I mean I could literally save seconds if I went to velcro.

I used to have a pair of button ups, man those were horrendous and time consuming. I am sure several patients died due to me not being fast enough...wish I had zippers or velcro back then.

Anyways, how about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Call me old fashioned, but I like the good ol' rough zipper, the one that makes a lot of noise, and lets the person on the other side of the house know that the pants are going on, or coming off.

Dober317

Forum Probie
I use these with my patients. The design keeps their mind off of their ailment for a little bit. No zippers, no fuss either!

loudmouth-golf-pants-shagadelic-black-2.jpg

Highly recommend.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I don't use zippers...it's all breakaway for me. I like snaps down the outseam, so when a patient needs a wake up call, I can just tear away my pants and shock them with my post-5-pregnancies body.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I don't use zippers...it's all breakaway for me. I like snaps down the outseam, so when a patient needs a wake up call, I can just tear away my pants and shock them with my post-5-pregnancies body.

You guys act like you need zippers and buttons...spandex bike shorts are where it's at ;)

TxParamedic

Forum Crew Member
you guys are behind the times, tactical exploding bolts are where it's at. If you get in a situation where it's life or death you pull a handle and your pants explode and are carried away from your body by a tiny little rocket pack.
The super deluxe tactical high speed version also release rescue marking die, flares, and shark repellent. They are expensive but come with a free pair of laser guided tactical trauma shears.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Indigo spray paint.

:unsure:

mycrofft

Avoid rain and sprinklers.

;).........
Jeans.jpg

used without permission

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
you guys are behind the times, tactical exploding bolts are where it's at. If you get in a situation where it's life or death you pull a handle and your pants explode and are carried away from your body by a tiny little rocket pack.
The super deluxe tactical high speed version also release rescue marking die, flares, and shark repellent. They are expensive but come with a free pair of laser guided tactical trauma shears.

You know it's posts like this that give me all the bizarre dreams at night. I'm going to dream about my pants exploding tonight I just know it.

mycrofft

Jamie Want Big Boom

41797469578C09CD61AECE_Large.jpg

(Gee, my signature is so, approriate).

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thread closed as it is unneeded and falls under the "no inflammatory posts" part of the community rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.