What is your transition plan?

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
What is your transition plan: From EMT-Paramedic to Paramedic? Minnesota has been very slow on what it wants do. I was wondering what your state is mandating?

WBExpatMedic

Forum Crew Member
In KY we have to take a 40 or 60 (no sure which) hour course or retest your NREMT. I'm not one to wait and wasn't able to find a course so I just retested my NREMT. It was a lot easier than sitting through class anyway.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
State and County medical directors here are building it into the monthly continuing education.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Our state wrote a letter detailing how our current Paramedic courses meet or exceed the minimum requirements for the transition, and therefore, no additional training is required. I just had to include a copy of the letter when it was time for me to recertify.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Our state wrote a letter detailing how our current Paramedic courses meet or exceed the minimum requirements for the transition, and therefore, no additional training is required. I just had to include a copy of the letter when it was time for me to recertify.

This is the same thing Colorado is doing. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Delaware is taking care of it now, but my plan was to submit my still current Colorado certification if necessary.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't have a plan as there is no need for me to transition according to the NREMT information as I took my exam recently and my exp date is 3/31/2015. :p

On that note, our state has/is addressing the issue and programs are being put in place currently.

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Texas is approving transition courses, but I've yet to see any offered near me. I took an online class for $75 that FISDAP offers.

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Assuming your state accepts it, it's an online class. Not perfect, but bearable. The EMS version of online defensive driving. Overall. I'd do it again.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mine was to go to nursing college and get a BSN.