What is wrong with this picture

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Pursuit Interruption Technique = PIT

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
It's when you use the police car to bump the back of the suspect car you're chasing, so it spins out of control. It's used to end the chase quicker, preventing injury to other motorists and pedestrians.

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by AnthonyM83+Dec 6 2005, 06:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AnthonyM83 @ Dec 6 2005, 06:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hfdff422@Dec 6 2005, 07:59 AM
Even if you don't know what is in the tanker, you would park an minimum of 100 feet from any incident. Canaries should get haz-mat awareness training as well, so they should know what type of tankers carry what level of hexa-dexa-bad-stuff. It's not like our ops training is that much greater than the awareness training.
No way. This is not a common rule or practice in the real world. 100 feet from any incident? Yeah, it'd be nice, but will rarely happen, unless you already have an idea of what kind of incident, or you're on a wide freeway with cars scattered about and you're just going to block of a big area or something like that. [/b][/quote]
100 feet from any incident is the standard- yes I know, not going to happen. However, SOP's are ever more important on haz-mat incidents, as anybody who has taken any training is aware of. Turned over tanker= stay the hell away. They do teach that in cop school.

And yes, cop=canary. Never walk past teh second dead cop. Cops are the best guys in a situation where the bad guys are the main issue, but it is well known that cops are good at putting themselves in harms way in situations where they are not the main personnel (haz-mat, fire, illness).

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Ahh OK now I what PIT is, thanks for the explanation!

Speaking of PITting and ending car chases - you better be careful, you might run into a stunt driver that has alot of car chases in his resume.

The car was stolen and of course this takes place on LA's freeways as with any other car chase. Enjoy!

Click the link below-
Mustang PIT-ing

-CP

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
It doesn't matter how fast you drive or how well you drive, the po-po will get you.

I am still basking in luno's brilliance on the pit comment......

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by hfdff422@Dec 7 2005, 02:19 PM

I am still basking in luno's brilliance on the pit comment......
GREAT!! You know you are really messing up today buddy!

Luno-brilliant...that reamains to be seen ;)

Guess we need to add another rule, right under Girls Rule.....

You are SOOO asking for it.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
M83, actually, it's about loosening traction on the rear wheels, on the target vehicle, by touching the rear quarterpanel, behind the tire with the opposite front fender of your vehicle, once traction is loosened, you drive through, while the target vehicle spins past the front of your vehicle, and out of control (well, that's the theory at least....) It's fairly easy to defend against, using vehicle positioning though. Yeah, that mustang driver knew his vehicle dynamics pretty well, huh? We studied that clip as well. Also, dependent on your continuum, it is potentially "deadly force."

Oh, and princess, don't make me come down there........... :p I will go 0400 on you.......... hahahahahaha

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LMAO at Luno. I am sooooooo not scared big guy. Its that little known rollover technique that you are highly trained in and quite efficient at that ensures me that wont be happening. ;) :D

Speaking of canaries....We had some cops in the ER last time I worked. They brought I guy in who had got drunk at his office Christmas party, beat the hell outta his boss, then jumped on one of the cops when they came to take him....get this...HOME. (boss didn't want him to go to jail, he had to be at work on Monday.)

So anyway, the cops are laughing at me trying to talk to this guy. All he is yelling is "F***ing Pigs. Eat some more dougnuts!!" After a couple minutes and he takes a breath, I am like Really, you shouldn't call them pigs, they look more like canaries to me.

It helped - kind of. He actually looked at me like I had a third head. Called me a "F***ing Wh**e" and then he started alternating between the Pigs eating doughnuts and wheres the f***ing Wh**e. But the cops were po'd the cops. And I was banished to my desk. :rolleyes:

But they had him in a room I had to walk by everytime I went to the back. So I would walk by and look in and say "Right here" :D

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Princess, with your tact, you need to get out of the hospital and into the back of an ambulance. We have a little more lattitude on what we can say since it is your word against theres- and your partner will usually back you.

See my signature line.....

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
TRUST ME!! I am trying. I have taken my drug test and am waiting the DL check for one service - Rural Metro.

Waiting for the county to do another round of interviews. But for that one I really need to come up with a better answer to "Why do you want to be an EMT?"

Current - "Those blue EMS pants really make my a$$ look great!" :lol:

Luno

OG
Premium Member
LMAO at Luno. I am sooooooo not scared big guy. Its that little known rollover technique that you are highly trained in and quite efficient at that ensures me that wont be happening.

Okay, now that funny right there, I don't care who you are....

It's actually a highly refined technique taught by south american eskimo SWAT teams, while they're TDY'd to Hawaii... :p

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Holy Crap!!! I am glad there is nobody here to see me laughing like a damn idiot!!

South American Eskimos, huh? And here I thought it was a top secret maneuver saved for only the direst of circumstances when hunger and exhaustion as set in. Taught to you in the Air Force, by Marines who cant...well nevermind...of course.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
My EMT instructor gave the class this bit of advice: If you see the truck driver running away from the truck, it'd be in your best interest to consider doing the same! :D

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Alright, Luno and Princess... what's with all the flirting? And why aren't I involved? And where the heck is Jon? He's usually all over this stuff.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
WOW CPT!! Your right on top of things these days aren't you:p :p

LOL...6 weeks later.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Hahaha. Sorry, I work too much.

Walter McCracken

Forum Probie
TTLWHKR said:
If the oinker isn't dead. It's safe.

Identify a HAZMAT using the COP Method:

1. Officer standing/Car running: Not hazardous.

2. Officer unconscious/Car running: Toxic fumes.

3. Officer unconscious/Car stalled: Oxygen displacing chemical.

4. Officer/Car both melting: Acidic chemical.

5. Officer/Car on fire: Extremely flammable.
Most excellent observation technique!!!!!!!!