What is the optimal maximum number of replies a day?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Obviously I exceed it often.
But what would be a max or best to aim for?
Does too many responses a day stifle the forum? :huh:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I think that too little responses hold up the forums. No one wants to resurrect an old thread (or go searching for one). I think people staying active and upping the post count in a productive manner will help the community as new topics will generally emerge and the more diverse the topics are, the more people will chime in.

Anecdotally, I look almost exclusively on the New Posts tab when I'm on this website. I almost always read through all the new threads/posts. However, I often don't respond since I feel like I have nothing to add (no knowledge/exp. or anything not already posted). I don't really want to post (or even read) about how P classes are too short and how it needs to become a 2 year AAS for the 20th time. I think people starting new threads, you or anyone else out there, will be very beneficial.

You, personally, should hit 30 posts per day :wacko: If only 10% of those posts are new and innovative, you will be touching off 3 new discussions a day. Then, the dominoes will continue to fall and etc.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I can remember slow nights when almost every single new post was "mycrofft".

I wonder who has the most posts?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
The member list indicates that you're in second place behind JPINFV. 12,231 posts at $.02 a post is nearly $250 worth of posts.

We don't pay cash, but shoot me a PM and we'll send some EMTLife swag your way.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Crikey.
Make it a prize and put it into a contest.