What if?...feat Hare/Sager

jenskiez

Forum Ride Along
This scenario just popped into my head the other day, not sure if this place has adressed it though. Anyways, here it goes: You got a 20 y/o male right midshaft femur fx. and his junk is hangin on that same side as his fx. Simple scenario, wanted to know how you guys would handle it :cool:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Move his junk? :unsure:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Have him park his car on the other side

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Adjust said junk. He'd appreciate you moving the junk, rather than crushing it.

Why is this even a question?

DPM

Forum Captain
Crush it. Then strap him to a backboard. And don't forget to slam the ambulance doors into the end of the splint .

RustyShackleford

Forum Crew Member
trollin trollin trollin.....:ph34r:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Everyone is missing the obvious! It's the physical manifestation of Throckmorton's, look for a pelvic injury as well.

:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
everyone is missing the obvious! It's the physical manifestation of throckmorton's, look for a pelvic injury as well.

:d:d:d

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341871999.832281.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Obviously an emergent castration using a rusty spoon. :nosoupfortroll:

I touch lots of "junk" when putting in foleys, it happens. We are professionals....Or should be. :rolleyes:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
delegate

(Though not a serious answer I think, for someone who is just starting out, it's a serious question.)

Serious answer: Communicate with your patient, "I'm going to reposition your privates now so I can place this splint." Then, do it; it's just flesh, just be careful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwindlin

Forum Captain
Everyone is missing the obvious! It's the physical manifestation of Throckmorton's, look for a pelvic injury as well.

:D:D:D

usalsfyre is the winner, also known as the John Thomas sign. Though unfortunately I think there are some articles demonstrating it is an ineffective means of detecting pathology, having trouble finding them at the moment however.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
This scenario just popped into my head the other day, not sure if this place has adressed it though. Anyways, here it goes: You got a 20 y/o male right midshaft femur fx. and his junk is hangin on that same side as his fx. Simple scenario, wanted to know how you guys would handle it :cool:

Ask him why he's carrying around trash in his groin.

In all seriousness if you're going to ask a question about medicine, be prepared to use the proper terminology, not slang.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ask him why he's carrying around trash in his groin.

In all seriousness if you're going to ask a question about medicine, be prepared to use the proper terminology, not slang.

Oh please...
If we were putting a sager on someone,
I don't think I'd say, "pardon me, could you by chance displace this gentleman's testicles to one side before placing the splint... I'd tell the EMT to "move that guys junk first!"