What do you think?

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Here's the scenario:

30YOF, CAOx3, ABCs all good.

CC excessive thirst and fatigue. Didn't have a glucometer handy to check sugar. No other S/S. Pulse 42 normal, strong, resps 12, normal. skin PWD, pupils =, lung sounds clear, ab soft and regular. Sitting, no recent activity. Very athletic person.

What do you think, I'm at a loss. I'm curious about the sugar level, maybe hypoglycemic. Not sure though.

(this is someone in my office, not someone I treated on the rig, either way, I'm still curious).

firegal920

Forum Probie
How about new medications?

We had one of our own, who was given an antibotic recently, and acted like he/she was having a cerebral hemmorrhagic event. Funny thing was, this person had this type of antibotic before and had no reactions to it. Spent 5 days in the ICU and is now back to work.

Go Figure :wacko:

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
No new meds that they wished to share with me (I love it when people ask for help and then slap you in the face with HIPAA, grr). I didn't get my BP cuff out of the truck, so I don't know a BP either. She isn't pregnant either.

Must be a rash of injuries/illness. One of our engineers was injured in the field. She's at the hospital now with a head injury. Doesn't sound too serious, but she's waiting for the xray and ct results.

crazy day up here in the woods!

firegal920

Forum Probie
Or they tell you one thing, the nurse something else and the MD an entirely different story...gggrrrrrr. Makes me so mad.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
What's her diet been lately? My mother gets this way periodically from dehydration (she drinks a lot of fluids, but doesn't eat).

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Firegal - yeah, I love the ole' switcheroo at the hospital. :angry: like my nosebleed guy who had "nothing to drink" but his BAL came back .266. Nothing to drink? Yeah, ok, whatever... :)

8978 - no change to diet recently, no change in activity. glucose at 1700 this evening was 86, at 1900 was 100. Last meal at 1400, pb sandwich.

I am still baffled.

Last edited by a moderator:

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
she works out so more than likey she's eating good.her sugar level is fine......did this pt. work out prior.i have had pts. work out with nothing to eat or little to eat,and passed out after a work out.?did pt. have any pn?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
No idea w/ out any diagnostic tools. Plus, I don't wanna think about my job on my day off.

So I'm just going to throw out my guess.

Hyponatremia