Westmed Interview

Nathan

Forum Crew Member
What should I be doing to study, they are in 2 counties, which county should I be studying for protocols? What's their hiring process? Should I wear my Christmas/Santa Tie or a professional one? Should I tell them that I am a Reservist?

Westmed or Mccormick?

OP
OP
N

Nathan

Forum Crew Member
Dunno, they said Westmed so I am guessing...

Map test. Skills test. Interview, pretty straight forward.

Good luck by the way.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
i worked for westmed in LACO, it includes: map test, skills test, lift test, 1 page essay about how you would benefit the company, and oral interview of course.

What is the map test and oral interview like for Mccormick?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Wear the professional tie. Novelty ties are polarizing. No need to give them a reason not to like you. I would tell them you're a reservist. If nothing else they need to know that you'll be occupied once a month and two weeks in the summer.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What should I be doing to study, they are in 2 counties, which county should I be studying for protocols? What's their hiring process? Should I wear my Christmas/Santa Tie or a professional one? Should I tell them that I am a Reservist?

Seconding not wearing a novelty tie. This is a professional encounter, dress appropriately. And like it or not, it is more than possible to offend something with such a "display of faith."

Madball

Forum Probie
Wear a suit or something close to it. Don't wear a santa tie. Know Santa Clara county protocols because more than likely, thats where you will be working. You will have an interview and a written test, 50 questions. No map or lift test until orientation. It's on whipple in Hayward. You can say your a reservist but it won't neccessarily put you ahead of people, especially people with EMS experience (I'm a Marine Corps Vet myself).

OP
OP
N

Nathan

Forum Crew Member
I got the job, just waiting on a call for an orientation date. :) First interview. lol, 19 year old with no experience.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That's how I got started!