West Texas EMS Questions

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Ward, Reeves, and Pecos Counties?

I cannot find anything on them, there is not much info online....... also, are there any other County third service EMS departments out that way besides the ones I listed?

Any info would be appreciated

medic417

The Truth Provider
Pecos County - ok protocols, One of the best paid services in the state, good benefits, 4 ambulances 24/7, about 200 calls a month

Ward County - decent pay/benefits, mother may I system unless recently changed

Reeves County is STAT Air Ambulance - work 7 24's off 7 24's, 2 ambulances 24/7 plus a flight crew. Approx 100 calls a month for ground crews, pay ok, have not seen protocols but they say they are aggressive.

Kermit is Winkler County EMS don't know anything about them.

Big Lake is paid. Sonorra is paid. Van Horn is paid. Fort Davis is volunteer. Seminole is paid.

Sorry not more help.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Pecos County (Fort Stockton) has a great reputation. Stat Air Ambulance in Reeves (Pecos) is also supposed to be good.

Avoid Van Horn. Pay is low, hours on the clock are low, you'd be on-call for 16 hours a day, and when you approach OT, they pay you from a seperate budget (nursing for your clocked hours, EMS for call ins). Call volume is extremely low, town is too small for Walmart. Protocols are wide but restrictive. There's one paramedic and a few EMTs. Equipment is average but deployment is horrible- they leave the good monitors in reserve and run the LP12s from the 90s.
El Paso is a good transporting FD for the city. Life Ambulance in the county has horrible pay and mostly old stuff, restricted protocols and no narcs or benzos. Dominion and Elite are IFT and BLS 911 backup.
Las Cruces and Alamogordo are AMR divisions.Truth or Consequences is my current employer and overcomes low pay with lots of hours and a busy schedule, good people, trucks, and calls.

PM me for more.

Don't go Culberson (Van Horn) unless you love working.