Airfield Operations
Congratulations, Linuss!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Thanks everyone!

The NR doesn't make it official until sometime next week when they update their webpage, so can't really start looking for a job until then... plus another 2-6 weeks for the state of Texas to send my cert.

For now it's just working on my resume. Oh the joy.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Thanks everyone!

The NR doesn't make it official until sometime next week when they update their webpage, so can't really start looking for a job until then... plus another 2-6 weeks for the state of Texas to send my cert.

Congrats. It doesn't take that long just call Maxie (Big Boss at the state office ) tell him I said fast track you and well ...........................................

You either get cert faster or you never get it.:p

Hope you success.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Will Maxie know you by "medic417" or will I sound really weird?

I mean... weirder than usual.

We actually had a TxDSHS representative at our graduation last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Congrats Linuss!!!
you can poke people with needles now :)))

and in Orange County you pretty much are able to Run the EMS system!!

just dont poke me please!!

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
bad news brotha....i heard today that the state is 6=8 weeks behind...sucks im wanting my intermediate to get proccessed...but gotta wait..

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks everyone!

Over here you just show up at the state dept. of health with your NREMT card and pay $15 and you are all good.

medic417

The Truth Provider
We actually had a TxDSHS representative at our graduation last night.

If you met him you might drop a thank you email that includes the info from NR and that you look forward to getting to put your education into practice. He might pull your file and punch it in so it shows up on the internet. Once it shows on the state site you can legally start working in Texas just print the page as evidence for job hunting until your card arrives. There is no requirement in Texas to carry proof of EMS certification while at work as the anyone can confirm you are certified online in seconds.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Question is, do I start applying now or wait till Fridayish when the NREMT will have my official results online?

Decisions decisions.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Question is, do I start applying now or wait till Fridayish when the NREMT will have my official results online?

Decisions decisions.

Wait for that blasted TDH card to come in the mail. Most places want a copy of that bad boy before even looking at your application. Waiting for it sucks =\. Congrats on your cert! Where did you test your skills at?

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
If you met him you might drop a thank you email that includes the info from NR and that you look forward to getting to put your education into practice. He might pull your file and punch it in so it shows up on the internet. Once it shows on the state site you can legally start working in Texas just print the page as evidence for job hunting until your card arrives. There is no requirement in Texas to carry proof of EMS certification while at work as the anyone can confirm you are certified online in seconds.

I dunno about that. TDH raped one of our new guys during a random inspection cause he didnt have his nremt nor tdh certs on him. Printing up the page though is a pretty good idea for the most part.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I dunno about that. TDH raped one of our new guys during a random inspection cause he didnt have his nremt nor tdh certs on him. Printing up the page though is a pretty good idea for the most part.

Have your partner file a complaint because number one you are not even required to remain NR after you get your first certification. Number 2 there is no state requirement to carry your state card.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

It is now officially official. NREMT updated my certification to Paramedic and gave me a cert number.

The job hunt begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

It is now officially official. NREMT updated my certification to Paramedic and gave me a cert number.

The job hunt begins.

Good job. Hey do like I said send a thank you or a heads up to someone you know or have met that works for the state and they might surprise you and push your certification to the front.

Another ideal is to fax the NR page to the state so they get it, several students have done that and shown up as Paramedics within a week. And again once it shows on the state site you can work as you are not required to carry your card.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Have your partner file a complaint because number one you are not even required to remain NR after you get your first certification. Number 2 there is no state requirement to carry your state card.

Those mother F'ers! <_< I'll check more into it

irish_handgrenade

Forum Lieutenant
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

The job hunt begins.

DUDE! first off congrats I recently passed mine as well. on the 25th. I took the test at 8 am and had my results and NREMT number at around 1:35pm. As for your state go internet not mail that adds about a week on to your wait and call the office after about 2 weeks and stay in contact at least once a week after that. That lady will get all annoyed and push it through faster so you will stop calling lol.

RCashRN

Forum Crew Member
congratulations! here's hoping i'll be able to post the same thing within the next month. :)

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
24122_1277237500783_1525350667_30850418_5462831_n.jpg