Weird string of calls...

Maine iac

Forum Lieutenant
Had some interesting calls all right in a row.

Started off with a suicide, shotgun to the head, then once we cleared from that it was straight to hazmat at a hair salon. I guess the employees mixed the wrong combination of shampoo and conditioner and everybody got sick and had headaches. We were second truck in on that and once the first truck got there we were cleared.

Then it was straight to a med misc. Before I had the ambulance in park (still moving slowly) this huge guy jumped in the back and told us to "GO GO Go to the hospital my stomach is going to explode out of my chest!!" I put it in park and me and my partner told him to get the :censored: out. He said "Noo my chest is going to EXPLODE!!!" We were like well at least get out so we can make up our cot. That worked and he hopped right out. I asked for ID and he was like it's back in my room, so he ran off and got it. Then PD showed up. Then this guy came back and was laying down getting a 12 lead and other various stuff done. He was crazy. Not answering questions correctly and he had that look.... the crazy eyes look. He would stare at my partner then stare at me. That look like if you blink i'll jump up and kill you. It had both cops on edge. He was told there was nothing wrong, and he jumped right up and right out of the ambulance. At this point 2 more squads showed up. He was told he was being evicted out of his long term stay hotel.

Cops asked us to stick around because they had the feeling that the tazzzzers might be used. Turns out this was an ex-NFL player (huge guy!), and his adderall prescription was empty (my guess he took a few too many, and also had a few too many hits to the head in the NFL).

First time I have been nervous in the back, even with two cops, and I've had the naked 250lb black man with cocaine all over his face in the back before.

That kind of finished up my shift yesterday. Then this morning, first call of the day (which we jumped early to save an off going crew), was second truck in on an MVC. My pt. was this guy who, again, was crazy. My pt caused the accident by impacting the other car head on by pulling out. Both cars were totally totaled. My guy is just sitting in his seat yelling about how he hopes the other person is ok and that he is a Jehovah witness. Doesn't answer any questions correctly as he is just babbling on about this and that. I don't think he was head injured just crazy. Because of the MOI and the fact that he can't (or won't) even spell his name for us- we take him in hot.

This pretty much was the dialog for the transport:

"What is your name?"
"Oh God Oh God"
"Where do you hurt?"
"Oh God I HAVE TOURETTES SYNDROME!! I just remembered that I have tourettes syndrome!! Tell everybody that I have tourettes! Make sure you do"
"Yes ok, but where do you hurt?"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Then in the resus room (the other MVC pt, is about 10ft away) he stays crazy. Telling the doctors "OH NO! OH NO YOU DON'T! DO NOT DO THAT" "Sir we are not even touching you, can you try and calm down..."

Little while later I go and chat with one of the nurses and she lets me in on a secret.... "Kids rolling deep on Meth. High as a kite."

So yeah... It's been a fun last shift and a bit!!

Anthony7994

Forum Crew Member
"Yes ok, but where do you hurt?"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Thus whole post was pretty comical, but this in particular made me laugh! :rofl:

ShannahQuilts

Forum Crew Member
I just read Steven Tyler's book, and I'm surprised he didn't relate more ambulance-oriented stories. Guy must be as sure-footed as a mountain goat, most of the time, based on what he was describing about his drug intake. :eek: