Weird dream?

Summit

Critical Crazy
Anyone ever had a call that just went very well and then that night had a dream where the call went horribly horribly horribly wrong over and over? I thought that was flat out *weird*!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
honey what did you eat before going to bed!! :wacko:

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
ahahahah maybe I should cut back on having twix bar before bed :p

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Had a dream the company CEO was my partner for a day when my regular partner called in sick...all I remember was being tense the entire dream...and even waking up tense

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
no not weird at all - I dream about EMS way too much now. I need to cut back on hours haha. But yeah I tend to replay the good "oh ****" calls over in my dreams, and they always end up going much worse in the dream than they actually did.

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
I usually dream about outrageous incidents that could never really happen, and then I spend the next shift wondering if it'll actually happen....:ph34r:

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
take some adavant (did i spell that right ??)...goodnight. LOL

j/k

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I usually dream about outrageous incidents that could never really happen, and then I spend the next shift wondering if it'll actually happen....:ph34r:
We had that discussion a few weeks ago.. one of our Juniors (<18 y/o EMT) told us he'd had a strange dream of a MVA involving a tractor trailer on a twisting backroad, at a place we've had really bad wrecks before... He was told that if it happened, he was going to be in BIG trouble.... Hasn't happened yet, but anything is possible.

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
lol, Jon. I once asked someone to show me how to use a new defibulator, and we had a code blue call less than an hour later. I still get told that I killed that patient.:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Naw, it's that double Twix thing!:p :p

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I had a dream like that last night. It was a patient that was awake and alert and really had nothing wrong with her, but she was morbidly obese. I tried the adult BP cuff and it didn't fit. Then I tried the extra large cuff and while it fit, it just barely fit and the pt was getting really pissed off and saying nasty stuff to my partner and I. I remember being really stressed because we were trying our best to be professional but there was *nothing wrong* with this pt at ALL and she was just a)wasting our time and b)being a downright horrible person to us.

I woke up and has a sinus headache. I get those a little too often for my tastes these days. That stuff that replaced pseudoephedrine doesn't work for squat either. :-|

The only thing that I can think of is that it's my subconscious telling me that while I am confident in most of my skills, having someone sit there and tell me that I'm doing everything wrong makes me anxious and nervous. Or that it bugs me to get yelled at for no reason. That could be it too.

Maybe it was just the sinus medication talking. Who knows. heh. At least this hotel has a comfy bed!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
That stuff that replaced pseudoephedrine doesn't work for squat either. :-|

You can still get the good stuff, you just have to ask at the pharmacy counter and sign for it.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy

All the time!!!

And I stopped working multiday ambulance shifts because by the 3rd or 4th day stuff I thought of would actually start happening! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
As long as Elvis does not come out of the kitchen taking to go orders!!!:p :p :p

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
As long as Elvis does not come out of the kitchen taking to go orders!!!:p :p :p

Nah... that woudl be cool... but I did test it:

"Hmmm... so I thought about bad MVAs and we got a bad MVA... I KNOW" *thinks really hard about winning the lottery*

It never worked... maybe not buying a lottery ticket had something to do with that though...

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
I died in one of my dreams. weird.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I would dream about my radio or pager going off and never being able to find them, I think that is when I would eat pepperoni pizza at 23:00. As my dad would say,"That will learn ya!" :p ^_^ :p

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
take some adavant (did i spell that right ??)...goodnight. LOL
j/k

ativan.

...defibulator...

defibrillator
everytime i dream about a call going sideways on me, it always seems to happen. now i make sure i watch an adult movie before going to bed for the evening. make my dreams happy dreams. not ems dreams......