Wednesday morning check-in

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
DFDEMS,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I think almost everyone in the Detroit metro area has respect for Detroit EMS, and how hard you work. It's not your fault regarding equipment and such, it's just that the episode that aired seemed much different than the others in the series.

Many of the people I currently work for have in the past worked for Detroit EMS, or in Detroit. Most came from Community EMS, others are still part of Detroit EMS. They all say the system is heavily abused, and all the equipment they have is kept in bags or in hidden spaces.

I go down to Detroit often, and I see you guys hanging out around the big hospitals. I know you work your asses off in often bad conditions, and I think in general the EMS community recognizes that.

I hope you stick around and continue to post, and thanks for stopping by!

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
I dont disagree about the episode that aired. I saw it prior to working here. I have to say it didnt show our system in the greatest of shape at times.

As far as CEMS I have worked for them in the past and still do sometimes, enjoyed it. Different worlds so to speak but I like each equally. There is a deeper box outside of detroit (demca) and you can actually get past the 2nd or 3rd drug before you get to the ER.

I didnt think the "burbs" liked us to much as a whole from what I have heard. Never expeirenced it personally as I have/do work both sides. Either way, it sucks every once in a while regardless of where you work, your back hurts just the same.besides, 911 is a free call....

Stay safe