Wanna see something scary?

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
I just went to the dollar movie to see "The Collector" the movie was ok.

But it was the last scene where the EMT was transporting and .........

It should be on netflix or hulu but it definatly worth a visit to the dollar movie

(Its also kinda scary that the pt got creamed by a PD patrol car and WASNT cSpine, backboarded or nothin!!!!!)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
when has ems been demonstrated properly in movies.

I love Live Free and Die Hard at the end. 2 gun shot victims, walking around between ambulances with medics not seeming to care too much.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Trauma is 100% dead on accurate.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Trauma is 100% dead on accurate.

No joke sir. I learned a LOT from that show. Like the fact that it is 100% okay to bring a mother into an ambulance/helicopter with their critically injured son. They can't get in the way. They can only help!:ph34r:

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
the only accurate depiction Ive seen in a blockbuster was at the end of Phonebooth... but it was minimal so they couldn't really screw it up

OP
OP
ttoude

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Again, watch the last scene of "The Collector" movie. And EMT's worst fear, an uncontrolled moment

Last edited by a moderator:

Wee-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
I work for a private ambulance company and we do alot of movie shoots. It's funny how they tell you what to do. They want to make it look super critical! We had to run into an accident scene when everything was still on fire.....!

mct601

RN/NRP
My supply list of things to buy before Trauma:

Another pair of 5.11 tacticals (love those things)
GOOD stethoscope
personal penlight
good boots
couple of other misc things

After Trauma:

Another pair of 5.11 tacticals
GOOD stethoscope
personal penlight
good boots
Aviators