Volunteering in Delaware vs. Pennsylvania

SuperstarInTheMaking

Forum Probie
I live right on the line of Delaware and Delaware County, Pennsylvania. I wanted to join a fire company to start working EMS and learn the fire end as well. I'm just as far from either one of like 3 services. Is there any advantage to Delaware vs. Penn.? Vise Versa? Does it depend on the individual station?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I live right on the line of Delaware and Delaware County, Pennsylvania. I wanted to join a fire company to start working EMS and learn the fire end as well. I'm just as far from either one of like 3 services. Is there any advantage to Delaware vs. Penn.? Vise Versa? Does it depend on the individual station?
there are major advantages to forming a corporatin in deleware but I have no idea about volunteering. Maybe starting a corporation is the way to go.

OP
OP
S

SuperstarInTheMaking

Forum Probie
The only advantage I know of from the outside looking in is that Delaware doesn't allow "blue lights" which would make my response time greater to a Delaware station vs. a Pennsylvania station. I was hoping some other members would have an opinion based on some inside aspect.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Don't get a blue light. It doesn't help with response time. Its a whacker thing to have. Just be at the building when your on call.