Virtua health paramedic training

joo

Forum Probie
Anyone have any thoughts or reviews of the course at virtua health?

I'm looking at the distance learning program.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
Anyone have any thoughts or reviews of the course at virtua health?

I'm looking at the distance learning program.

I really do not understand how people do Paramedic DL. Some things DL classes are great for; however, the paramedic course is not one of those things that can be done without an instructor present in my opinion and limited experience.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Kinda like taking a driving course per internet!

There are some portions that can be on-line, but the majority should be in classroom environment.

R/r 911

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
I would have to agree with what has been said.

Theory can be done by distance, as it is case of here is the info, we want you to regurgitate (for lack of a better word) on a piece of paper. Any one can do this anywhere, any time. Practical is exactly what it says, its practical. And sorry, the DVD's, or what ever else is not practical. Des the DVD talk back??

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Joo,

Are you already a Paramedic and wanting to complete the Associates degree through this college?

It this your home state where the out of state tuition won't apply?

medic44

Forum Ride Along
Joo,

You definetly need to be in a classroom with an instructer, especially if you have no advanced medicine expeirence. Then there is the clinical hours in the hospital and in the field that could never be taught on a computer. Good luck.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Kinda like taking a driving course per internet!
R/r 911

I did that once and it was great. Everytime I go driving, updates appear on the windsheild.

synchromedic

Forum Ride Along
The distance learning is only to get your associates degree. You need to currently be a paramedic. It is merely taking your general education classes online.