Vacation Destinations

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Ah....as opposed to Wellington which is a hell of a place to fly into:[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpurK0gwC08[/YOUTUBE]

Not all of the landings are at Wellington, but it's obvious it's a challenging place.

Gosh where is your sense of adventure! I've flown into Wellington in many a good cross wind.
I still think going Priority 1 to an MVA is more of an adrenaline hush...lol:)

P.S. Having said that...the passengers all applauded the pilot when we hit terra firma, one trip. lol

Cheers Enjoynz

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
That is my sense of adventure. It's one of my life's goals to log a landing as a pilot at Wellington.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
That is my sense of adventure. It's one of my life's goals to log a landing as a pilot at Wellington.

I only live 2 hours drive from that airport. Let me know when you are coming, and I'll stand out there and watch!:) Might even shout you a coffee!

Cheers Enjoynz

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I only live 2 hours drive from that airport. Let me know when you are coming, and I'll stand out there and watch!:) Might even shout you a coffee!

Cheers Enjoynz
You have a deal.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
The country where I would like to vacation is New Zealand. The reason is I read in a book about New Zealand that they do not have any poisonous snakes spiders and other poisonous reptiles. Also I heard the people there are nice. Another person told me there are no rednecks in New Zealand h said the rednecks along with the poisonous snake, spiders and other poisonous retiles are al in Australia. For that reason o\if I could evere afford it New Zealnd is the place for me.

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
I always go to Egypt to see family. There's some great diving in the Sinai and some awesome beaches along the Red sea and the Mediterranean. From there I've traveled a bit around the Middle East and I try to schedule flights with a long layover in Europe so I can explore.

OP
OP
FF-EMT Diver

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Shamu at Sea World Orlando

Attachments

• 516.jpg
    516.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 260

Jac [ITA]

Forum Probie
I went several times to the Dolomites for hiking and camping and I definitely say that is my first choice for domestic (inside Italy) tourism, abroad I've enjoyed the northern Germany and the Baltic sea.

This year I'm going to 15 day of camping in Sardinia, I'll let you know how it is...

Of course I've visited all, and live in one, the artistic city here in Italy :rolleyes:

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
The country where I would like to vacation is New Zealand. The reason is I read in a book about New Zealand that they do not have any poisonous snakes spiders and other poisonous reptiles. Also I heard the people there are nice. Another person told me there are no rednecks in New Zealand h said the rednecks along with the poisonous snake, spiders and other poisonous retiles are al in Australia. For that reason o\if I could evere afford it New Zealnd is the place for me.

I'll take that as a complement thank you!:)lol.
We do have a poisonous spider, but they are very shy and not seen much. You are correct about the snakes though.
As far as rednecks go, I wouldn't have a clue. Do redneck turtles count? lol.
There is one thing recently you wouldn't be so keen on, unless you like roller coaster rides. NZ had it's biggest quake in 80 years(7.8)the other night.

With heaps of aftershocks still happening. Lucky for us, it is a remote area of the South Island , so no loss of life thank goodness.
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/recent_quakes.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10584996

It was enough to triggered an alert from the Pacific tsunami warning centre in Hawaii.

So yes, we do have some, not so nice things here too!
Just hope some of you plan to come pull us out, when we do end up under the rubble!:sad:

Cheers Enjoynz

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
i like to vacation in santa barbara :)

Kat

Forum Ride Along
I live in Beautiful Colorado, so anytime I can go up to the mountains is my favorite close to home destination. Usually up by Carbondale and Marble.
Another favorite is Seattle...would love to live there someday.
and I've been to Ireland once, plan on going again someday.