US EMT Study Abroad for Paramedic

iiswhowhat

Forum Ride Along
So I have my US EMT licence (NREMT at the BLS level) and I am currently in school working on my AEMT license. I want to go to paramedic school in the future. I am not currently employed as an EMT but I'm working on it. I was wondering if there are opportunities to study abroad for paramedicine that would be accessible to me. I'm not too picky on the country though I think I would prefer somewhere English-speaking. I just feel like it would be easier to get my paramedic license (or abroad equivalent) in a different country if I was planning to try and work there vs trying to transfer over my US licensure.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The world is a very big place with different training requirements to become a paramedic if that country even utilizes paramedics. You might find it much easier to narrow down to where you want to live/work first and then look into what the requirements are to become a medic in that specific area

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
If you'd like to compare and contrast EMS systems around the world, I suggest you read Paramedico by Benjamin Gilmour, an Australian medic who rode in at least 10 other countries.