Uniform Question for Females

LilHobbit

Forum Ride Along
Ok, so I'm a brand new EMT that just had my first shift this past weekend. I'm excited!

I do have a question about uniform pants though. We are required to wear navy blue pants, preferrably EMS pants (BDU not allowed) or ****ies type pants with cargo pockets. The only problem I seem to be finding is that ****ies pants run about 6 sizes smaller than normal clothes! For us females that are shorter (5'3") and are average size (size 8-10) waist, what is a good brand of pants to get that will fit decently without going all the way up to the boobs?!

I know I can't be the only person having trouble with this so if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Check with a local dry cleaners or good clothing store for a referral of someone who does alterations. Doesn't cost that much and makes all the difference in the world.

paccookie

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, so I'm a brand new EMT that just had my first shift this past weekend. I'm excited!

I do have a question about uniform pants though. We are required to wear navy blue pants, preferrably EMS pants (BDU not allowed) or ****ies type pants with cargo pockets. The only problem I seem to be finding is that ****ies pants run about 6 sizes smaller than normal clothes! For us females that are shorter (5'3") and are average size (size 8-10) waist, what is a good brand of pants to get that will fit decently without going all the way up to the boobs?!

I know I can't be the only person having trouble with this so if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it!

We are supposed to wear the uniform pants that are ordered through work, but many people buy their own somewhere else. I ordered mine through work. I have to say that the waist size is totally off base with reality. LOL The waist seems to be itty bitty and the rest of the pants (butt, thighs) are HUGE. I would recommend ordering the men's size. Measure your waist and your inseam and go from there. Find someone close to your size and ask to try on their pants. I tried on my mom's pants (we work together - that's a whole 'nother nightmare LOL) and they fit ok, but not perfectly. I ordered the women's size thinking it would be better but it wasn't. Thankfully, I lost about 20 lbs from the time I ordered my uniforms until they finally came in six weeks later. The waist was tight at first but now they fit fine, except for being too baggy in the thighs and butt. I'm very short (5'0) and even though I had my pants hemmed by the company, I had to hem them again another couple of inches. I'm used to that though. LOL Next time I'll know how to better order the size I need. I also have a pair of ****ies that I bought at Kohls, but they don't have all the pockets that I need for scissors and random stuff, so I rarely wear them except to bring them as a back up pair of pants in case my uniform gets dirty at work.