Uncomfortable moment

Zodiac

Forum Crew Member
Dispatching is one thing, front line EMS is another. If you can't do the job, you can't do the job. Can everyone who talks about someone with only one arm "adapting and overcoming" please explain how they do the job as well as a provider with two arms on the various tasks that have been identified as potentially challenging?

I am sure that many can be done by someone with one arm, but I highly doubt they can all be done as well as they can be by someone with two arms.

And in this job, if they can't be done as well then patient care is being impeded and that's not a good thing.

I'm not sure why the exact mechanism of their adaptability matters if they're able to complete the tasks presented to them with no problems. If Kellie Lim was able to complete medical school with one arm and no legs then what's stopping someone with similar handicaps from becoming an EMT? If they can't pull it off then fine but there are people out there who have overcome tremendous disabilities and I don't think missing an arm or a leg automatically makes someone incapable of performing the duties associated with this line of work.

Last edited by a moderator: