Ultrascope

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm looking into getting a new stethoscope and until now had never heard of the Ultrascope. For any of you that have them, how well does the Ultrascope Maxiscope seem to work compared to a similarly priced traditional headed sthethoscope (e.g., Littmann Lightweight II S.E. or Littmann Select)?

Leaps and bounds better. I had a select until my dog ate through it. Acoustically wise, it rivals scopes in the hundreds of dollars.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
No glitter?

And you can use one to beat off a smilodon.

Roheline

Forum Probie
I got mine for $60 from AllHeart--and I think I even managed to get free shipping for it. The large bell can be a little awkward in certain circumstances and I find that I have to be careful to not let anything touch or rub on the bell while I'm taking a BP, but when I have it positioned correctly the sound is fantastic!

webster44

Forum Crew Member
Ultrascopes have a diaphragm. But for the most part we are taking blood pressures on pt's which is better to check with the bell.

i'll keep my littman

EMS123

Forum Crew Member
If anything Ultrascope gives you the ability to clearer show your personality. Met a coupld nurses that swear by it... I am not 100% sure myself I dont care to much for the design seems a little akward.

Roheline

Forum Probie
Meant to say diaphragm, typed that message up too quickly. Regardless, the bulk of the thing can be annoying at certain times but I've found that the sound quality makes up for it.