Traumatic Asphyxia

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The topic? The imaginary crash that never happened? Really?
While a thread of zamboni sounding words is entertaining, it belongs in the 100% directionless thread.

OP
OP
RedBlanketRunner

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler
Subject impacted forehead against windshield with typical circular damage to glass. At a guess impacted the steering wheel with chest evenly thus no fractures.
Additional, vehicle was entering exit ramp at about 20 mph, impact with abutment front right corner of vehicle which bounced it into the adjacent lane where it stopped.
My intitial look at the driver. Bright sky blue. Even cyanosis from top of head to fingertips to ankles.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I totally get it. This one time in the Philippines, I was riding in the back of a jeepney (google if you dont know what one looks like) and we came up to a busy intersection. Another jeepney t-boned the jeepney in front of mine. Bodies everywhere!! Anyways, the passengers in the jeepney which was t-boned were all in acute respiratory distress. They were as blue as my testicles at the conclusion of No Nut November. So I rapidly lined them up triage style opening the airways as I went. I decided to puff puff pass the row of people on the ground, the ones I passed on I circled back to, however they were just my markers so I would not lose my place. Puff, puff, pass...over and over. It truly was amazing as when I gave just the two puffs, their eyes popped right open like a doll and they inhaled and gasped! Amazing !!!

My suspicion is all the ones who were on the impact side (they sit sideways) were thrown into the ones across from them and their chests all collided evenly because their were no fractured ribs anywhere to be found. Just a few bumps and bruises, but thankfully the majority did not need anything else. Some just jumped on next jeepney and went on their way. I asked a few of the local docs and they told me it definitely was mass traumatic asphyxiation. Not the kind like the Heaven's Gate cult because their trauma was only psychological/emotional. But yeh, good stuff. I have never seen anything like this since!!

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I totally get it. This one time in the Philippines, I was riding in the back of a jeepney (google if you dont know what one looks like) and we came up to a busy intersection. Another jeepney t-boned the jeepney in front of mine. Bodies everywhere!! Anyways, the passengers in the jeepney which was t-boned were all in acute respiratory distress. They were as blue as my testicles at the conclusion of No Nut November. So I rapidly lined them up triage style opening the airways as I went. I decided to puff puff pass the row of people on the ground, the ones I passed on I circled back to, however they were just my markers so I would not lose my place. Puff, puff, pass...over and over. It truly was amazing as when I gave just the two puffs, their eyes popped right open like a doll and they inhaled and gasped! Amazing !!!

My suspicion is all the ones who were on the impact side (they sit sideways) were thrown into the ones across from them and their chests all collided evenly because their were no fractured ribs anywhere to be found. Just a few bumps and bruises, but thankfully the majority did not need anything else. Some just jumped on next jeepney and went on their way. I asked a few of the local docs and they told me it definitely was mass traumatic asphyxiation. Not the kind like the Heaven's Gate cult because their trauma was only psychological/emotional. But yeh, good stuff. I have never seen anything like this since!!

Stay on topic sir, we’re talking about his imaginary car crash, not yours..