- Mechanisim of injury
- Injuries noted
- Scene treatment
- Treatment response

This is what I was looking for. Thanks

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
as was noted:

age/sex/mental status/what happened/what has been done to fix the problem/vitals/eta/any weird stuff that the team should be known about.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
What makes a trauma team any different than any other group? I don't think anything makes them different to be honest, they still require the same information as any other person Ambulance Officers handover to.

They are going to ask pretty much all the questions and do the assessments you already have so there is no need to go on at nauseum about these things because its pointless.

A nice and simple format taught by Auckland DHB Trauma Services is MIST

- Mechanisim of injury
- Injuries noted
- Scene treatment
- Treatment response

To use an example from one of a job earlier tonight (probably not the best)

"<tongue in cheek>Hello I am Brown, one of the helicopter emergency service doctors, I do like this orange jumpsuit .... anyway, moving on </tongue in cheek>... this is John, he's 9 years old, running across the kitchen floor, slipped in some water, gone backward and landed hard on his back. Complains of extreme 10/10 right flank and pelvic pain laterally radiating inward and superior but no neck or head pain and denies any LOC. No obvious fractures, no crepitus, only pain upon palpation, physiologically quite stable and given him 2mg of morphine, pain has gone down to 3/10."

I think this is perfect.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I am off to buy me an orange jumpsuit that has "DOCTOR" written on the back then! :p

Better than the one that says "PRISONER" right?