training officer ideas

TonyB

Forum Probie
hey everybody, me and my ems chief are trying to come up with good ideas with keeping up records in a "simple" (lol) way. Any ideas that you have would be very appreciated. Have a good one and be safe out there

MedicBender

Forum Captain
What type of records are you trying to keep? How would you like to keep them? Electronic? Paper? We need a bit more information

OP
OP
T

TonyB

Forum Probie
we are lookingfor electronic primarily, but we will resort to paper if we have to. We are a small agency, we are trying to pick up loose ends on what has previously happened with our training record keeping.

blevinsjosh

Forum Probie
Software

There are some softwares that do this. Fire House is one. I am working on a website to do the same but will be a little while before complete.

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Spend $100 on a scanner and download one of the multitude of free .pdf printers (or buy the Adobe one - I did). Scan all requisite certs (CPR, EMT licenses, driver's licenses, etc.) and create 2 copies of the file. One goes into a directory for the individual provider (Bobby Table's CPR card, EMT License, 1002 certification, etc.) and one goes into a directory labeled for the month it expires (Bobby Table's CPR card and Lisa Null's EMT license both expire in January of 2013). Two months before each particular month take a look in that directory - so in November of 2012 you'd realize that you should probably make sure these folks have been sent through a CPR and EMT refresher respectively.

Keep the old files in a subdirectory called something useful like "old" or "expired". That way if there's ever a question you'll have backup.