Training Dept Database

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Looking for some software that will maintain our employee training files such as Licenses, ACLS, PALS, CPR, OSHA, Bloodbourne etc...

I know I can create an excel database but I really don't know excel that well and have searched the web but have not found anything that is specifically for EMS.

I want reports to be generated for who's CPR card or ALCS card expires in what month etc...

What software do you you suggest or use.

If you have a nice excel spreadsheet you want to share PM me and I'll send you an email for you to forward a copy to me.

Thanks

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We use a program called Ninth Brain. I like it, has copies of all our certs including photocopies + 30 day reminder emails on certs that are going to expire.

http://www.ninthbrain.com/

I don't know about the admin side of it but with how much we can do as employees I'm sure its capable of generating reports like that.

OP
OP
Medic One

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks.
Any others out there

JBFab

Forum Ride Along
I made a simple database to keep track of this and much more. It's pretty easy to do in access, but I am using openoffice.org base for now(Free). I don't currently have it setup with reminders, but when we get MS office with Access I plan to re-write the DB to make it so.

JeffDHMC

Forum Lieutenant
We use MC Access for just about everything. It works well once it's up and running but starting from zero is a bit labor intensive. Also, if something messes up you need to have pretty solid understanding of the software to fix the issue. For Cert tracking we are in the process of moving over to High Plains which is also pur PCR software. It's fully automated once you enter the data and notifies the cert holder of upcoming expiration dates and such. Also if an issue arises we just call the company and it's sorted, no need to have an IT background to fix the query or something.