Training and Orientation

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
So I got the job at the local hospital as you may have seen. But I think that I may be running into a few problems soon.

When I talked to the supervisor of my position, he told me that I will have 2 days of orientation next week, 8a-5p. And then for the next two weeks after that, I will have training, which he originally said that I would come in at various shifts, sometimes in the morning, and alot from 3p-11p.

This is where I am going to have problems. Durring my interview, I made it clear that I had school, and could only miss 3 days before being dropped. And they said that would not be a problem. So when the orientation was mentioned, I was fine with that, because I will only have to miss 2 days of school. But when the training was brought up, I told him that there was no more time that I could miss at school, and I would have to do all of my training before 1p or after 9p. He kinda sighed, and just told me to bring my schedule to orientation, and we would sit down and figure it out.

One of my instructor is cool with me missing, as long as he know, he could care less how much time we miss. My other instructor is an A**WHOLE, and gets mad when you 30 seconds late, so I definatly cannot miss his class, cause 30 seconds late is an absence in his book.

I was wondering if yall believe that the hospital will be able to work with me when it comes to the training. Is there anything that I can do? I only go to school mon-thur, but I think that is pretty much when they want me to train since that is when the more experienced techs work. I am just trying to find a way for this to work without the hospital saying screw it, but we just cant work around you schedule for training.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I can't imagine they would say that...

They might have you train on 3rd shift, or train part-time in the AM for an extra week...

Jon

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I had just thought about training part time today, and I am going to bring this up durring orientation if they cannot allow me to train full time around school.

He also told me that he will see if I will be able to work the full shift part time because there are also 3 other new techs. This is some crap because they told me durring my interview that working the night shift full time would not be a problem at all.

I guess I should just cool down and see how it all goes. :rolleyes:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
They'll find a way to work with you. The hospital knows that you're in school, and I'd say they'll work it out. I wouldn't stress over this quite yet. Wait and see what happens.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I decided that was best. Worst case scenerio, they make me be part time
:( at least until a shift opens up that I can work. But that is not cool.. i need to be full time to be able to move.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well I have orientation in the morning. Anyone have any advice? I guess I will finally find the answers to many of the questions that I have had. <_<

Thanks for all the help you all have offered.