Top Button

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
How much would it cost me to have an admin put a top button at the bottom of the pages so that when you're reading through the threads you can just press the button and be taken to the top where the menus are? It's a convenience matter, but it wouldn't be hard to do. I use them on the three sites that I administrate.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
There is one :D Its at the very bottem on the far right it says top...I had never noticed it before

OP
OP
Asclepius

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
yeah, but that is still an inconvenience, because you have to scroll down to get to it. It should be placed right below the replied box. Maybe I am just too picky.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
ohh I get it...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Can you reference a forum so we can take a look at it? You can PM me if you wish.

Chimp

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah, but that is still an inconvenience, because you have to scroll down to get to it. It should be placed right below the replied box. Maybe I am just too picky.

Dude, you are joking right?? An inconvenience??? Its the internet for gods sake, how hard is it to scroll with a mouse????

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Where exactly would you like the top button?

OP
OP
Asclepius

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
In the forums that I administrate and for the convenience of the users the top button shows at the end of each posting. It is the internet, but the site is a service to the users. I was only making a suggestion for improvement and user friendliness. Take it or leave it.

Another suggestion would be, and maybe I just don't know where or how to do this here, is a button that takes the user to the last posting read by the user. It remembers where you left off on your last visit and when you click the button it takes you to it. That way the user does not waste time attempting to remember where they left off on their last visit. Again, a convenience item, but I know my time is limited and anything I can do to save time, I do. It might even allow more users more time to visit here.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There's nothing for the post, unless you are referring to the "Today's Posts" feature located in the Quick Links section. This will show you all of the new posts for the day.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
For the first suggestion, I'm going to have to see if a hack is available for vBulletin.

For the second issue, there is a NEW POSTS link on the top navigation bar that will only show posts that are new to you. You must be logged in to use this feature.

OP
OP
Asclepius

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
For the first suggestion, I'm going to have to see if a hack is available for vBulletin.

For the second issue, there is a NEW POSTS link on the top navigation bar that will only show posts that are new to you. You must be logged in to use this feature.
Yeah, I am aware of the new posts button, but that wasn't what I was describing. This button is one that you click on for a particular thread and it remembers where you left off on your last visit to that thread. It's no big deal, I was just trying to make some suggestions that might make the site more user friendly.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Yeah, I am aware of the new posts button, but that wasn't what I was describing. This button is one that you click on for a particular thread and it remembers where you left off on your last visit to that thread.

We already have that. If you are logged in, any thread with new posts has a little blue button to the left of the title. If you click on the button instead of the thread title, it takes you to the first new posting within the thread since your last visit.