Tips on how to study for the written exam (PA state)

L.anaKnits786

Forum Ride Along
Greetings!!

I've been scoring pretty well on our course exams but our written is next week and I am really nervous that I'm going to miss something! There's so much material and I just don't want to overlook any information that may be presented on the written.

Does anyone have any tips for studying? What is the best way to study the concepts other than just knowing vocab? Are the written exams usually more vocab based or does it vary from state to state?

I'm taking mine in Pennsylvania so any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks.

Stingray91

Forum Crew Member
Greetings!!

I've been scoring pretty well on our course exams but our written is next week and I am really nervous that I'm going to miss something! There's so much material and I just don't want to overlook any information that may be presented on the written.

Does anyone have any tips for studying? What is the best way to study the concepts other than just knowing vocab? Are the written exams usually more vocab based or does it vary from state to state?

I'm taking mine in Pennsylvania so any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks.

I take the PA exam in September! If I were you, I would just review all of that material that was given plus your notes & the new 2011 protocols. I know this sounds overwhelming..

OP
OP
L

L.anaKnits786

Forum Ride Along
I take the PA exam in September! If I were you, I would just review all of that material that was given plus your notes & the new 2011 protocols. I know this sounds overwhelming..

Would you mind elaborating?? Is the test in September going to cover the new protocols? I wasn't sure when the transition was going to be fully effective!

Why do you suggest I take it in September? Do you know a lot of people and/or are you taking a month or so off to take the test?

I was hesitent to do that because I didn't even know how to "self register" so to speak. The program I am in now arranges for everything and testing will be pretty local for me. I wasn't sure how often testing was offered and when/how to go about signing up. Would you mind shedding more light on that.

I start school again in August (junior year with three labs!!) so I was thinking it would be ideal to just finish up everything before getting started...

Stingray91

Forum Crew Member
I'm done the emt school in Sept. So I would take the state exam in Sept., I'm not taking anytime off.
There arent too many changes in the 2011 protocols. They became mandatory on July 1st 2011. So better to err on the side & know the new stuff.