Tips for those who waited to take the NREMT at the end of the year

Mr0331

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, just here give you some tips on how I passed that damn test.

My story:

I graduated my EMT course at the end of 2016. After that, I went straight to a 6 month Fire Academy, so I didn't really have a lot time to focus on my NREMT. After I graduated I signed up for my 1st attempt going in confident thinking I was the s**t and I knew everything. I was damn wrong, the test stopped me at 75 and I got everything below passing. A couple months went by and I signed up at the beginning of Oct with a test date Nov 5.

So here's what I did.

I had 4 weeks to study. I bought this book called EMT crash course which you can buy online or at Barnes & Noble to get me at the basics. I also used EMTprep.com, EMT pockteprep and EMT Review + which I was on constantly throughout the day. 2 weeks have passed as I felt confident about knowing the basics like vital signs, CPR all that stuff, I went back to my big a** book that I used in my EMT course. I went through EVERY single chapter. At the same time, I made flashcards to help me with S+S and treatments. For example, on the front, I would put the S+S. On the back I would put what it is and how to treat it. All the info is from my big a** book. I did all this simultaneously for 2 weeks and constantly using the apps on my phone until I passed every section.

The result:
I passed

Don't get your hopes up, study your a** off. I did all this while going to school and work full time. If a dumb infantry grunt like me who can barely survive elementary math can pass you can too. Hopes this helps

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Ahhh someone who took the time to study. So refreshing to see!

rach22

Forum Probie
Hey guys, just here give you some tips on how I passed that damn test.

My story:

I graduated my EMT course at the end of 2016. After that, I went straight to a 6 month Fire Academy, so I didn't really have a lot time to focus on my NREMT. After I graduated I signed up for my 1st attempt going in confident thinking I was the s**t and I knew everything. I was damn wrong, the test stopped me at 75 and I got everything below passing. A couple months went by and I signed up at the beginning of Oct with a test date Nov 5.

So here's what I did.

I had 4 weeks to study. I bought this book called EMT crash course which you can buy online or at Barnes & Noble to get me at the basics. I also used EMTprep.com, EMT pockteprep and EMT Review + which I was on constantly throughout the day. 2 weeks have passed as I felt confident about knowing the basics like vital signs, CPR all that stuff, I went back to my big a** book that I used in my EMT course. I went through EVERY single chapter. At the same time, I made flashcards to help me with S+S and treatments. For example, on the front, I would put the S+S. On the back I would put what it is and how to treat it. All the info is from my big a** book. I did all this simultaneously for 2 weeks and constantly using the apps on my phone until I passed every section.

The result:
I passed

Don't get your hopes up, study your a** off. I did all this while going to school and work full time. If a dumb infantry grunt like me who can barely survive elementary math can pass you can too. Hopes this helps

rach22

Forum Probie
Is the EMT crash course book worth the money or Do you think it helped you pass or just reading and going through your text book & the flash cards helped you more? Also did you spend money on the EMTprep.com?