Thoughts on American Ambulance

Zen Paladin

Forum Probie
Hey everyone. I'm a trainee who finished their clinical shifts last week and am waiting for confirmation of an NREMT date. Once/if I pass, I'll be relocating to another part of my state, and there's two agencies in the area. One seems to be an IFT based service advertising flexible schedules(I am a student) while the other is American Ambulance, which doesn't directly say flexible schedules but states ''3 or 4 day work weeks'' and ''EMT starting base pay range of $39.4k - $49.2k (48 or 60-hour work week)'' and they are the 911 provider for the area as well.

For my long term career(game warden/park ranger) I did like the option of a 911 agency since the experience would be more relevant to my desired career, but the company does have some mixed reviews both from workers and customers. But then again, it is the Internet and people can suck so I take them with a grain of salt. But I do want to be able to still do classes(might have 19-20 credits during some semesters so...) and will definitely need 60 hers minimum for rent and stuff(cheaper area compared to much of this state)

Thoughts? Anyone ever work there perhaps?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
American Fresno? You should probably specify where you are at. Are you an EMT or medic?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
There is an "American" ambulance service in nearly every state...might be helpful if you specify city/state.