Thinking of Becoming an EMT

OP
OP
E

ecphotoman

Forum Crew Member
Being able to type the word nursing over and over again will help you with the critical skill of repetitive tasks when you are charting the q5 second vitals.

I kid!

OP, look, there is nothing wrong with either field. Just have a plan for what you want to do with your career. EMS is great but you can easily hit a brick wall within a few years and stagnate professionally. There are some really good gigs, but there is not many and the competition is stiff.

Just do what you want and have a general plan for where you want to go with your career, and let everything you do, whether education or experience, be a staircase to get you there.

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate all the input. I'm going to go for the emt-b and see from there. All I know is that its a step in the right direction from where I am now. I hate my job now and this might be the direction I need to take right now. I still have lots of Gen ed to work on so I have time to figure which step to take from there.

I am an EMT-b.... it has it's "exciting" moments. I work for Symons Ambulance out of Devore (but run out of Murrieta). I really enjoy it, quite honestly. I am eventually going to move on to bigger and better things this career has to offer, but for now, while getting my time in, I like it. For the most part, we are transporting dialysis patients to and from, or we are transporting ER discharge patients. On occasion there is a CCT call or an ER call or even the 5150s in the middle of the night when working the 24/hr shifts (which are the shifts I prefer)..... What I am trying to say is GO FOR IT. You need the hours to advance further anyhow, so do it and enjoy it.

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate all the input. I'm going to go for the emt-b and see from there. All I know is that its a step in the right direction from where I am now. I hate my job now and this might be the direction I need to take right now. I still have lots of Gen ed to work on so I have time to figure which step to take from there.

Good choice brother, and good luck to you. I'm sure you'll enjoy the duties.

Give my regards to "thing number 2"

OP
OP
E

ecphotoman

Forum Crew Member
Good choice brother, and good luck to you. I'm sure you'll enjoy the duties.

Give my regards to "thing number 2"

Rofl. Speaking of the devil, he and I got into it just this morning LOL. I need out! Thanks for all your advice bro.