Things you would like to do to your rig but would never get away with

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just thinking again.....

Trick I learned from a local Sheriff's deputy, have your partner wave your spotlight on the traffic signal as you're coming up to the intersection, it will usually at least give them pause.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Trick I learned from a local Sheriff's deputy, have your partner wave your spotlight on the traffic signal as you're coming up to the intersection, it will usually at least give them pause.

But that is no where near as cool as a red laser light beam bouncing around 6 feet off the ground.

Good idea though. I'm gonna try that next time we have to go code 3 through a blind intersection. :p

DESERTDOC

Forum Lieutenant
I want Death Ray.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I don't have a FLIR in my rig, but I do in my ambulances.

You are forgiven for not believing me, but I'm not the lying type.

http://paramedic-network-news.com/?p=871#more-871

Need any evidence on the other stuff too?

Is the FLIR camera moveable or is it look ahead only? Seems like if you could move it you'd have a great way to look for people ejected from vehicles or hiding psych patients. I guess you could always just aim the vehicle ahead though.

Must be nice for driving in fog.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
They're mounted to point directly forward. It could be easily made to move though if we put it onto a remote platform, but we don't really need it. We've already had good luck in finding ejected MVA patients with it as well as searching for missing persons. Like you said, just move the unit to point where you want.

The police have actually asked to borrow it a couple of times to help find people hiding on them during a foot pursuit.

Before we had the FLIR installed we were using 4x night vision binoculars. Before JesusFreak implies that I'm a liar again let me assure you they were russian military surplus and are true night vision, not some infrared toy.

FLIR isn't as good as you might think in the fog, or blowing snow, or rain as you might think. I might be able to see about 50% farther in fog and blowing snow, in the rain it's almost useless.

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
we've already got those front bumper bar things... I'd like to put a stripper pole in the back. That would be very handy. Maybe a mini-fridge too.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Forgive me for not believing you have FLIR on your rig...

Here I thought that if you were studdly enough to make such an accusation that you'd also be able to man up and apologise when you were proven wrong.

I guess you aren't. I'm not surprised really.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
we've already got those front bumper bar things... I'd like to put a stripper pole in the back. That would be very handy. Maybe a mini-fridge too.

The pole in the ceiling isn't good enough? Surely you can have plenty of fun with that one...

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
The pole in the ceiling isn't good enough? Surely you can have plenty of fun with that one...

Depends how serurely they're mounted. Some you can swing on, some you can't. ;)

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Get gurneys that actually work!

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant

Sasha

Forum Chief
We've got stryker pros on all of our ambulances. Even if the battery dies, they still work.

Theyre a PITA to work against the hydraulics. Nearly dumped a patient trying to put up the carriage.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

VCEMT

Forum Captain
A stereo system with a CD player or aux port and drive around with a Jolly Roger flag.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I just want a disco ball and some lights for the weekend disco party me and my partner have

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Two things:

1) A speaker playing music like the ice cream man.

2) As an attorney and paramedic, I want a sign on the ceiling above the head of the stretcher that reads, "If you can read this, you may be eligible for a cash settlement."

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
Nah I want my speaker to be playing Move B:censored:tch by Ludacris...