Things I can't wear to my provincial licensing exam

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
I'm an EMR in Alberta as well... Those vital signs do indicate increased ICP, but I've never heard of them referred to as "Cushings." Interesting. I've only ever known Cushings as the endocrine disorder... Neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jochi1543

Forum Captain
I'm an EMR in Alberta as well... Those vital signs do indicate ICP, but I've never heard of them referred to as "Cushings." Interesting. I've only ever known Cushings as the endocrine disorder... Neat.

The full name is "Cushing's Triad," the endocrine thing is "Cushing's syndrome."

So you took it the same weekend? Which scenario did you have? I talked to my classmates, some people had a drowning patient that just needed repeated suctioning and that's it, then another one had an unknown medical who coded on him and he still passed, lol (no meds or anything were involved). Our EMT instructor said he had seen all these scenarios before, so it sounds like ACP recycles them - which is doubly strange considering there are no limitations to discussing the exam in public.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
The full name is "Cushing's Triad," the endocrine thing is "Cushing's syndrome."

Yep, same weekend. Ahh... That sounds more familiar... :p Lol I must be really tired to have missed that one.

I had the drowning scenario. Although there is no way ACP can stop us... we did sign a contract not to discuss exam procedures or scenarios. That was one of the forms you had to hand in to register for your written exam.

OP
OP
J

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Yep, same weekend. Ahh... That sounds more familiar... :p Lol I must be really tired to have missed that one.

I had the drowning scenario. Although there is no way ACP can stop us... we did sign a contract not to discuss exam procedures or scenarios. That was one of the forms you had to hand in to register for your written exam.

Hmm? I have no recollection of it, and my review instructor (who happens to be an ACP examiner and was there on the day of the butchering) specifically said that it's public info and we can all discuss it after the fact (and we did in the EMT class afterwards, with my EMT instructor who's also ACP evaluator).

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Just me then I guess. I remember them going over it in the powerpoint before the written started as well.

Its really more of a formality really I mean who are they kidding its not like they can make us vow to secrecy. It think it just has to do with the Exam Committee wanting to ensure the integrity of the exam process.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Although they're going to be implementing the CBT very soon... the pilots are supposed to be happening in the next fiscal year, to be fully implemented in 2010. Its been a ricidulously long time in the making... its been in the works since 2005!

OP
OP
J

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Yaaay, I passed! Got the news in 2.5 weeks...they said 4 to 6!

Now I only need to drive 95% of the time as opposed to 100%!:ph34r: LOL.