the steal from hospital post got locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Out of touch for a few days and a really good thread gets locked without any help or input from me.....

I have a point regarding this and I want your opinions on it.

Where I was trained, we generally put saline locks on patients in the back of the rig. When I got here, almost no-one was using locks because we don't carry them in the ambulance. A bag is hung for everybody whether they need fluids or not. I find out that if a patient transported to the ED needs to be admitted, then the nurses have to DC the bag and attach a lock because every patient with an IV needs a lock on the floors.

To make a long story short, we are encouraged by the ED to take their locks and flushes for our ambulances. I grab a bunch at the beginning of every shift. I am VERY conscious of keeping my hands off stuff that doesn't belong to me and I feel funny doing it. Seems to me the ambulance company is getting away with something here.

What do you think?

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
If anything, you might be saving your supplies and their effort by placing locks, provided they don't pull prehospital IVs when they place the patients. Ask a nurse or manager next time you can. Arguably, your service should be supplying itself, but those are issues that need to be worked out at higher pay grades.

And congratulations; you've started the first thread that I know of that mentions a previously-locked thread in the title and doesn't deserve to die a swift death.

Out of touch for a few days and a really good thread gets locked without any help or input from me.....
and a really good thread gets locked without
a really good thread
Despite this.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.