The Ross Report

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Dr. Ross is a 20+ year ER Dr. Last year he was tasked with reviewing and recommending how ERs can be kept open and made to work better in Nova Scotia. Since the problems that affect health care and ERs are not unique to here I thought some of you might be interested in his thoughts on how to fix the problems. Dr. Ross is very pro paramedic and one of his recommendations is for medics to be much more active in community health care.

The report can be found here and is in PDF format. http://www.gov.ns.ca/health/emergencycarereport/

Hopefully our government will enable is recommendations. While it won't fix or cure all of our problems it should improve health care for many.

Comments are welcome.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Dr. Ross is a 20+ year ER Dr. Last year he was tasked with reviewing and recommending how ERs can be kept open and made to work better in Nova Scotia. Since the problems that affect health care and ERs are not unique to here I thought some of you might be interested in his thoughts on how to fix the problems. Dr. Ross is very pro paramedic and one of his recommendations is for medics to be much more active in community health care.

The report can be found here and is in PDF format. http://www.gov.ns.ca/health/emergencycarereport/

Hopefully our government will enable is recommendations. While it won't fix or cure all of our problems it should improve health care for many.

Comments are welcome.

just glancing over the report, it seems like the exact same thing that has been advocated for the last 20 years.

OP
OP
Outbac1

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Hopefully now that the government is under the most pressure they've ever had, they will actually do the things in the report. I do expect that our role as paramedics will become more broad. They have just started an enhanced community paramedic position in our capital Halifax. I expect it will work out and will be expanded next year.

Keeping my fingers crossed.