The perfect excuse?

Epi-do

I see dead people
So, our entire crew was doing PT togehter today, like we do every shift. The guy that organizes it tells us that after finishing with the weights, we have abs to do. I inform him that I don't think I am going to do abs today, and when asked why not, I let him know that I actually have a really good reason. Here's what I told him:

"All of this exercise has created an oxygen debt within my skeletal muscles. It is a large enough debt, that I am now hypoxic. Because I am hypoxic, my Krebs cycle is no longer functioning properly. Therefore, I am not genterating enough ATP. Since I am not genterating enough ATP, I just don't have the energy to do any further exercises."

Ok, so I probably have some flaws in my thinking, and I am still trying to sort out this whole Krebs cycle thing after our lecture today, but if you didn't have a clue what I was talking about, despite any inaccurate statements on my part, it does sound pretty good, right?

I am really glad I have the next couple days off before going back to class....

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
How about, "I'd just like to sit this one out, thank you."

Jocks have no sympathy for people who hide behind Kreb's Cycles, Cars or other Vehicles to avoid "No pain, no gain."

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
It wasn't that I really wasn't going to do it, I was just giving him a hard time. We all harrass him during PT, so he is used to it. It's just that I had a "new" excuse for today that I wanted to try out. ;)

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
How about- "I'm not feeling well today because my karma ran over my dogma.":blink:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Just have a sign posted next to you that says...."mood swing in six minutes!" :p

piranah

Forum Captain
how bout i think im going into respiratory acidosis i need to sit down and start controlling my breathing but i cant do that while i work and i dont think you want me in this state...so.....thats all i got for an excuse

sucked-in

Forum Ride Along
When getting in trouble for slow response time...
"My pager is not working right."
Make sure you throw it on the cement a couple of times.

FireNinja

Forum Probie
How about "I have a bad case of anal glacoma.... I really just can't see my a** doing these sit ups today!"

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
How about "I have a bad case of anal glacoma.... I really just can't see my a** doing these sit ups today!"

laught16.gif
Good one!

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Or you

can procede to tell him that you are sooo much better than him and he will get so mad he will forget, not nice but works well.

certguy

Forum Captain
Epi ,
How about this one ? My vegus nerve and my optic nerve have intertwined , giving me a crappy outlook on life today .

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
another good one! Thanks for the laugh - I have been studying for my pharm final on Monday and I really needed it!

certguy

Forum Captain
Epi ,

Here's another one ; Sometimes no matter where you go , somebody's suffering from cranial - rectal inversion .:D