The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
New here too and loving all the info available to search. Has been a great resource.

Boogster

Forum Probie
Hey everyone, My name is Josh. I became an EMT-B in July of 2012... and still havent found work in the Sacramento area. Lol, but like this is a surprise to any of us. ^_^

I'm 23, and am enthralled with medicine. More specifically critical care. My mom is an RN, and diffinitive care just doesn't strike my fancy. anyways... I'm here to make connections and learn from you guys, and gals, the ways of EMS life.

bigred1996

Forum Ride Along
Howdy, I'm here because I'm aspiring to be a fdny paramedic/EMT I'm open to learning any and everything and hope to have a good time!

Howdy, I'm here because I'm aspiring to be a fdny paramedic/EMT I'm open to learning any and everything and hope to have a good time!

Welcome Evan, enjoy your stay!

millsanna64

Forum Ride Along
hello, everyone! i've been an emt for 27 years. i just recently found this site. im very excited to see what everyone has to say. what i can learn from everyone the stories and lives od other ems lifer's.:wacko:

BayouMedic10

Forum Ride Along
Hey gang

I work in Louisiana for Acadian, bout 3 years now.

I enjoy the job and always eager to learn more and also offer help were I can.

Free time is spent blogging, ps3, toughmudder training and the movies.

-Tommy G

AlphaTech

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, Sorry, I didnt see this thread, I just made a thread introducing myself. . I am from the Bay Area. I'm a new EMT and looking for work. Hear to learn a lot. So see you guys around.

thanks
Ruben

SEVEN

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,

I am a 25yo female about to graduate emt-b course in Massachusetts and hope to work somewhere near Boston. I am here to soak up any information I can to prepare me!

medic8ed

Forum Ride Along
Medic8ed - Canadian

Hi all, I'm "Medic8ed" a " PCP/ IV" in BC Canada. I have an amazing husband and a wonderful 6 year old son. I live in the middle of nowhere and am considered part time at a low call volume station. I go to the city and ride third with ALS and BLS whenever they will have me. currently I am registered for ACLS, ECG interpretation and hope to successfully apply to the ALS program intake fall of 2014. I've always had a passion for emergency medicine and just love the many adventures this diverse and dynamic job brings my way.
in my spare time I love cooking an baking, horseback riding, running, hiking, camping, fishing and hunting.
I'm always striving to practice better and learn more without looking like the over achiever/ know it all etc.

MrKindle

Forum Ride Along
Hello

Hello all, my name is Tyler and I am a volunteer FF/EMT-B in the Keystone. I am currently enrolled in Summer Courses for Anatomy and Physiology, and come this fall I am beginning my journey to become a Commonwealth, and Nationally registered EMT-Paramagic.

I am looking forward to learning everything possible while here and also while I am in school as well. I hope this will be a pleasant stay and I thank you all for allowing me to be a guest here.

takl23

Forum Crew Member
Hi Gang,

New EMT student. I am in the financial field and an auxiliary police officer. My plan is work EMS part-time a probably become a paramedic after my training is over. I'm from Mass. and have a wife and three (3) border collies :blink:

Looking forward to learning as much as possible!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Three boarder collies? You're a patient person. I have one, and that's enough. :)

Welcome to all our new members! Enjoy the forum and make yourselves at home.

NHEMTJai

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone! I am an EMT with a private company that does 911 and transfers in NH. Will be taking an AEMT class soon. In college for fire protection.

Non EMS... I am a mommy to an awesome 2 year old boy. I play rugby.

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay! :)

Arete

Forum Ride Along
Greetings from Alaska. It is snowing today.

I am a new member of a rural volunteer Fire/EMS department. I started November of 2012. I just received my certification as an ETT which I believe is AKs version of EMR. I am also the village pastor and acting as our chaplain.

I am looking forward to getting critical incident stress management training through the state's chaplaincy organization. I have benefited from a debrief following a fatality during our response to an MVA.

Our department serves our village and a 100 mile stretch of highway that sees a lot of tourist traffic including RVs and tour buses. Typically during the summer, 1 million square miles of forest burns. That seems like a lot unless you know AK is truly massive.

We also do a lot of SAR work in areas surrounding us. Our distance from the hospital is such that our hour drive to it is still shorter than the average life flight times given the state's size.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from my department and also from you good folks.

espi8041

Forum Ride Along
I just received my EMT Basic and I would like to work as a Wilderness EMT. Does anyone know where I could find work in Oregon? I'm brand new to all of this and I've been trying to find jobs, but they seem a bit scarce. I really don't want to work in the city.

-Ashley

Achilles

Forum Moron
I just received my EMT Basic and I would like to work as a Wilderness EMT. Does anyone know where I could find work in Oregon? I'm brand new to all of this and I've been trying to find jobs, but they seem a bit scarce. I really don't want to work in the city.

-Ashley

Welcome to the forum.
There's a guy with a name in red here named FFEMT, I don't think you'll be able to pm him yet with your post count, but he's in Washington and he'd be the guy to talk to. Good job on Emt B

Mickster

Forum Crew Member
Hello! I am Mickster a brand new EMT! What a long journey it has been. All the studying, all the tests, the written exam, the practical exam and last but certainly not least the national Registry exam!! I am done and I am an EMT!

Diana

Forum Ride Along
Medic

First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!

Hi all. My name is Diana. I am a highly trained EMT-B with trauma under the buckle. Received my initial EMT skills through the military. With that said--Military EMT's get some very good life saving skills in the class and in the field---I did. Later, I went to the civilian sector and received more education as an EMT-B. I have been an EMT since 2003. I was 38 at the time. I have had the privilege of receiving some valuable skills through the military, and civilian education. I live in the fine land of Colorado, and love it. :cool:

kirky kirk

RN, EMT-B
Hey guys, I'm Kirk. I'm a rokkie EMT-B from the Philippines. ^_^

Started from being a first aider with the Red Cross and now reviweng for my exam for EMT-B with the PSEMT. :)