The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Hannah

Forum Ride Along
Nice forum!
Hey everybody; I'm Hannah, 19 and currently taking my EMT-Basic course.
I was looking for information online, found this site, liked it and joined.

Frozin

Forum Probie
Hello all, i'm 31 and got my EMT-B in January and am currently looking for an EMT position. I worked in sales for the last couple of years and needed a change from the same dull work day everyday. I'm interested in becoming a paramedic.

jdparker

Forum Ride Along
Aloha!

Hello,
I'm new to this website and wanted to introduce myself! I currently work for the Federal Fire Department, Hawaii. I"ve been a firefighter/EMT B there for 5 years now. I'm always interested in brushing up on skills or learning new tricks of the trade. Thats why I'm here! Thanks for a great website!
Aloha,

J.D.

Spirit

Forum Ride Along
hello, Im Kristen and i'm 19 years old. I'm finnishing up my second time through emt-b classes (finals tomorrow, crossing my fingers). the first time through the course i failed it by 2 points. sucks but going through it again has made me a better and stronger emt.

Spirit (aka: kristen)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
hello, Im Kristen and i'm 19 years old. I'm finnishing up my second time through emt-b classes (finals tomorrow, crossing my fingers). the first time through the course i failed it by 2 points. sucks but going through it again has made me a better and stronger emt.

Spirit (aka: kristen)

Awh that sucks. Hope you pass! You're doing it the same way I did at 19! Where you from?

tousfools

Forum Ride Along
My name is Megan. I am currently living in Scottsdale, Arizona with my sister and her Fiance and my pet cat that stares at me in judgment whenever I decide on having a beer. I just passed my NREMT and obtained my license to practice as an EMT - B. I'm 19 years old, which is currently problematic because most places only like to hire an EMT - B if they are 21 or older. I volunteer at the Arizona Animal Welfare League. I spend most of my time going to core shows, road cycling, and hanging out with my friends. EMS has had me interested since I was a kid and My whole family is in the medical field that's the main reason why I because an EMT.

P.S thanks for the site.

Robems

Forum Probie
Hi the name is Rob i just became a member of an ems in my town i did fire fighting for 7 years. Waiting on my first call as a first responder but going to school in august for emt-b. Been wanting to become an emt more than a fire fighter but was talked into fire fighting from an old friend. I'm just happy I can follow what i wanted to do

canuck_downunder05

Forum Probie
Hello!

Hey guys,

My name is Carissa. I'm originally from Central Alberta, Canada, but have been a little bit of a wandered for the last 6 years. I got into EMS because I had a passion for it when I finished Highschool, but also realized I had a passion for travel as well. I completed my EMT 5 years ago and have been working on and off in the northern alberta as an industrial EMT. Because it's seasonal, I usually take off come breakup and travel across the world where I find jobs in the Scuba Diving Industry. I've been an instuctor for 5 years now and am currently finishing up work here in Alberta and making a move to Turks and Caicos to jump back in the water with the fishies!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Simple ol' me!

Howdy Ya'll!

My name is Stephanie
I am currently an EMT but a future Medic.
I am 21 years old & a bit of a rookie.
Originaly from Charleston South Carolina,
but recieved my state reciprocity & transferred
to the great state of Texas!
Been in EMS a little over a year and a FD about
two years.
I love to learn new things & meet new people.
A few personal tidbits:
Country Girl- Born & Raised. Huntin, fishin, & lifesavin are my things.
No youngins. Just a Yellow lab.
♥ adrenaline rushes.

Any questions, I'll answer 'em! Shoot me a line.

robbaN28

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I'm Robin (male) and I'm almost 20 years old. Currently going through EMT-B school and Basic EKG right now. I'm hoping to continue on to either go to Paramedic school or Med school later on in life.
I've done a ton of hours of being third rider in EMS and I absolutely love it!
I played goalie in hockey for 15 years, two of those were over seas in Sweden. After a recent injury that kept me out last season, I decided to give up and give school and shot. I don't regret on bit of it.

emdub

Forum Probie
Hey, I'm Emily.
EMT-B one year, full time college student, qualified child care provider, no free time haha.
Found this site when I was trying to find tips for the NREMT.
I don't know if they helped or not...but it's fun to have people to talk to besides my crew. I'm sure you can feel me there; I love them like my own family but......

Stoked to finally be getting involved in the site; hit me up.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
I'm Dani and a girl, hence the name. I'm 33 and starting school this fall at my local CC. I'll be working toward my AAS, but I'm hoping to be able to volunteer once I have my EMT-B. I'm a geek. That's all I can think of at the moment.

MrEMT63

Forum Ride Along
hello

Hello all, I have been and EMT-B in Los Angeles since 2001. I have run IFT's and run 911 with FD. I have also worked in a hospital setting. I have my A.S. in Fire Science and am just getting back into testing for fire after a few years of just working in EMS. I am 31 and love EMS. I just recently found this site so I don't know anybody here. Seems like a great site and have already got some good advice just from reading. Thanks.

esmcdowell

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I'm Ethan, recently finished EMT-B class and NR practical, but unfortunately have to wait until June to take the NR written, because I'm not 18 yet. I run with Red Lodge Fire Rescue, local combination Fire and EMS Paid/vollie department. I am enrolled to start medic school in the spring and begin Firefighter training in the fall.

NeverSatisfied~NorCal

Forum Crew Member
Hello Everyone. I thought I would drop by and add myself to the newbie list. I am now from the San Francisco Bay Area...East Bay to be exact. I lived in San Diego for 9 years. I work as an Industry Firefighter/EMT for an oil refinery....Boring! I just recently got back on track and am now in pursuit of Paramedic school in October and hopefully employment by Con Fire after that.

Me:

I was a Marine for 8 years
EMT-B since 2005
FF1
Worked a BLS rig in San Diego for a year.
Tried the Nursing home thing...not so much
Now due to my right foot and lack of self control am working the only fire job I could get. My driving record was cleared as of April 4th....woo hoo

So now I am back in the game. Nothing like a 4 year set back.

Wish me luck

Well, dont be shy, say hi B)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
WELCOME EMS NEWBS!

And non-newb.

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Hi all - I'm Ryan, 22, and an EMT-B student here in the Western PA area. I started class back in January and have 1 month left until the state test. With such a short amount of time left, I am trying to utilize any resources I can to learn more and prepare myself for these. Once I pass I hope to work for the local ambulance service while I go to college. I am 1 year into the fire service and am finishing up Essentials in 2 more weeks, and hopefully will have my FF1 later this year.

Hope to learn from you all, stay safe!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello everyone

I am an EMT-IV / Paramedic student in TN named Rob. I went ahead and made my username medicRob because I will be taking the National Registry Paramedic exam pretty soon, not trying to misrepresent myself or anything. I am also a registered nurse in the state of TN who specializes in trauma. I just wanted to give a great big hi and hello to everyone!

SMcMullen

Forum Ride Along
Well Hello.

I am new to this site and field. I just registered to take the NREMT at the end of May. I am currently working as a personal trainer and rehab/sports therapist. So far I love the EMT B program. I am looking into Paramedic Schools too.